Search results

1. Hotlinefishing

Landed a 17.5 lb. king salmon at Long Point lighthouse

We were trolling in 120 feet of water east of the lighthouse yesterday morning. The water has really warmed up so we had the riggers set 90 feet down. The big king hit a strawberry dolphin spoon and really screamed out about 3 times. We landed a nice coho and trout in the area. The fishing...
  2. Hotlinefishing

West of Nanticoke

We were fishing from 50-90 feet of water east of the Elbow and marked a few fish 35 to 50 feet down. We landed a nice steelhead and 2 walleye on spoons. We were using 7 and 8 color lead core, dipseys out 120-135 and riggers set 40 and 45 down. Starting to mark more fish and we just need the...
  3. Hotlinefishing

Musky on 7 color in 62 feet off Nanticoke

We were fishing between Nanticoke and Dover today and landed a 10 lb walleye and 8 lb trout and the next fish was a nice musky. We caught the fish on a Jerry Lee spoon on 7 color leadcore in 62 feet. We took a couple of photos and released the fish. This is the first musky that I have ever...
  4. Hotlinefishing

Hotlinefishing on water clinics cancelled for Saturday and Monday

I apologize to everyone that signed up for the clinics this weekend. After reviewing the weather it would make better sense to have the clinics next season. Thanks very much to everyone that contacted me and I look forward it to seeing you next year. John
  5. Hotlinefishing

Hotlinefishing Clinic is full this Saturday...may do another Monday, Sept. 1

Hello, I would like to thank everyone for contacting me for the Saturday fishing clinic which is now full. If you would like to attend the clinic for Monday, Sept 1st please send me a PM or a text message to 905-520-6684. Providing I receive 4-5 requests I will run the clinic if the weather is...
  6. Hotlinefishing

Hotlinefishing On Water Clinic Saturday August 30th

Hello, I will be running another On Water Clinic this Saturday, August 30th for those who did not get a spot last weekend. Please send a PM if you are interested or would like more details. Cheers, John
  7. Hotlinefishing

Hotlinefishing On Water Clinic Saturday August 16th

Hello fellow board members, Over the course of this season I have been speaking to fellow anglers at North Erie Marina who had various questions about the setup on my vessel, lure selection, depths, etc. I have decided to offer a one day fishing clinic on Saturday, August 16th at 6:30 a.m. on...
  8. Hotlinefishing

Hotlinefishing update

Hello Everyone, I apologize for not providing my updates over the last few weeks but the conditions for me have remained much the same for the last 3 weeks. The conditions have changed slightly but there have been more walleye moving closer to Port Bruce and the catch rates have been...
  9. Hotlinefishing

Hotlinefishing update Port Bruce Aug 23/24

Hello, I have been down at Port Bruce for a few days and spent a couple of days on the water. We have been fishing in 55-60 feet of from 3 miles east of Port Bruce and about 6 miles west of port. The number of walleye marking on the finder have dropped off since early last week along with the...
  10. Hotlinefishing

Hotlinefishing Port Bruce Aug 19 & 20

We were fishing in 65-66 feet a bit east of Stanley where we had some good luck the previous week this Monday. We did not mark the large schools of walleye that had been there the previous week so we were one shy of a 2 man limit. Mainly using 9 color cores with shallow dive and deep dive Reef...
  11. Hotlinefishing

Hotlinefishing Port Bruce August 16th

Lots of boats out there today and the lake was calm and the walleye were really biting this morning. Fished with a buddy and had limit in just over 2 hours. Only one farm animal and no silver bass, that's hard to believe after the last few weeks. Fished in 65-66 feet just east of Stanley and...
  12. Hotlinefishing

Hotlinefishing Aug 8,9,10

Hotlinefishing was on the water for 3 mornings this week and the weather was great. The seas were calm and the walleye were slamming body baits in 64-66 feet of water from 4 miles west of Bruce to the Stanley buoy. Most of the fish were marking 53-57 feet down and the water is still warm down...
  13. Hotlinefishing

Hotlinefishing Report for July 30 and 31st

Hey guys, I was doing to much multitasking and posted the incorrect dates on my last report. Please see my last report for updates from this week. I guess with being retired I have really lost track of time. Sorry about that. Please feel free to call Hotline on 68 if you are out in front of...
  14. Hotlinefishing

Hotlinefishing Port Bruce July 30/31st

Hello, Hotlinefishing had a couple of great days walleye fishing out of Port Bruce July 30th and 31st. The weather was splendid both days with a nice breeze, cool temperatures and no bugs to worry about. The lake surface temps have been around 72 degrees for the past two weeks and they were...
  15. Hotlinefishing

Hotlinefishing Report Port Bruce July 26 & 27

There has been a big improvement in the walleye fishing this week with several boats getting limit catches in the morning before noon and also the evening bite has been hot for some folks. We have been fishing in deeper water from 66 to 67 feet out in front of Bruce and a little west. Our...
  16. Hotlinefishing

Hotlinefishing Port Bruce July 11 & 12

I took a group of 3 fishermen which were new to Lake Erie fishing and we were greeted with fine weather and good conditions on Friday, July 11th. The wind was out of the north so we headed west to Stanley at a speed of 33 knots. We started trolling around 63 feet and started hitting fish at 65...
  17. Hotlinefishing

Hotlinefishing Port Bruce July 11th with today's Hot lure picks

Hello, I fished with two clients today and decided to try some deeper water than I have been fishing since last weekend. The lake had a nice chop out in the deep water and I found that the water was murky in the 50-56 foot range that I had been fishing. I slowed down in 56 feet was not getting...
  18. Hotlinefishing

Hotlinefishing Port Bruce July 6

My fishing party arrived after 7 a.m. this morning so we started a little late. I headed the vessel out to 51 feet where we had caught some fish the day before. The screen was pretty blank today but we had the odd hit so we stayed in the area a couple of miles west of port for about 3 hours...
  19. Hotlinefishing

Hotlinefishing Port Bruce July 5th

There was some light rain before we headed out of Port Bruce around 8:00 a.m. this morning. I turned on the radar and found that there were not any heavy rain cells out in front of Bruce so we ventured out. We headed out to 57 feet of water about 2 miles west of Bruce where we have been...
  20. Hotlinefishing

Hotlinefishing Port Bruce July 4th with pics

Two of us headed out this morning at 7:30 a.m. and went about 1.5 miles west of Port Bruce. We setup in 57 feet and trolled SW into 58 feet. There was a slight chop in the morning with overcast skies. We went 6 for 8 on the rainbows and there were not any walleye today for us. We fished in...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks