Hotlinefishing Port Bruce July 5th

Hotlinefishing

There was some light rain before we headed out of Port Bruce around 8:00 a.m. this morning. I turned on the radar and found that there were not any heavy rain cells out in front of Bruce so we ventured out. We headed out to 57 feet of water about 2 miles west of Bruce where we have been fishing this week. We fished the area for about 3 hours and only had a couple of bows to show for it so we trolled into 54 feet of water. As soon as we arrived into 54 feet the riggers started firing. There were more fish marking than the previous 3 trips and they were on a contour line where the depth changed from 54 feet to 51 feet in a shorter than normal distance. We trolled in a north south pattern for the next 2.5 hours and had a good hit on every pass on the troll going with the waves in a northerly direction. We ended up with 6 nice bows and one walleye and lost about 5-6 other bows when the winds were at about 12 knots and the fish were difficult to net.

Surface temp was 68.5 degrees
Down temp at 40 feet was 63.5 to 64 degrees
There was 9 degree temp drop around 48 feet down
We marked fish today from 20 feet down to about 42 feet down
Many of the bows hit the mainline down 40 feet on one rigger and 42 on the other rigger
The 2 inch stacker spoons worked great also taking about 1/2 the fish running around 20 ft down
Ran two lead cores for a while and only had one bow on the 4 color core, nothing on the 5 color
Small dipsey out 135 on a 3 setting took one bow

I plan on fishing this area again so if you see the Hydra-Sports give me a call on 68.

Cheers,

John
IMG_00000266.jpgIMG_00000269.jpgIMG_00000271.jpgIMG_00000273.jpgIMG_00000277.jpgIMG_00000279.jpg

good job, thanks for the info. I'm heading out there tomorrow morning to see what damage we can do. I will give a report on how we do.

good job, thanks for the info. I'm heading out there tomorrow morning to see what damage we can do. I will give a report on how we do.

I will be going out tomorrow also to fish the same area. The area that I was fishing was about 1/2 mile wide so if you see my Hydra-sports trolling in a North-South pattern feel free to run along side me since there was fish spread across the whole area.

Cheers,

John

How did you make yesterday John.
We ended up with 1 nice bow and a smaller one and two 3-4 lb Pic's and white bass, it was a long day for us and got pretty warm in the afternoon.

We are heading back out now hopefully the weather holds up.

How did you make yesterday John.
We ended up with 1 nice bow and a smaller one and two 3-4 lb Pic's and white bass, it was a long day for us and got pretty warm in the afternoon.

We are heading back out now hopefully the weather holds up.

Hello,

I posted the report on yesterdays catch and the fish had moved deeper and a slight bit west.

Cheers,

John

i just finished reading your post thanks for the great info once again.
Do you run a charter and if so whats your rate.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks