Musky on 7 color in 62 feet off Nanticoke

Hotlinefishing

We were fishing between Nanticoke and Dover today and landed a 10 lb walleye and 8 lb trout and the next fish was a nice musky. We caught the fish on a Jerry Lee spoon on 7 color leadcore in 62 feet. We took a couple of photos and released the fish. This is the first musky that I have ever caught trolling in deep water in Erie.
Musky.jpg

Hey @Hotlinefishing... that's really something... I guess there's a first for everything. :cool:

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post that experience to share with us. :)

Super! Personally think I have hooked one twice....never landed.....chafed my flouro and got my lure. Nice job! I am sure you knew it was not a walleye on the other end.

WOW! ... Stomp that should really up the ante next time out musky fishing on the Micky Finn.

But try not to get a backlash and get all that lead core wrapped around you. If you fall overboard which apparently you have been prone to do on occasion... that would not be a good thing. :D

Hey @Wave Runner, @Mickey Finn set me up with an old Quantum Iron Reel spooled with Dacron and I threw it thousands of times recently over 4 days and no bird's nests:woot:. Sadly, I only saw one big fish, like the one caught above, follow all those casts. We're going to try again soon for Musky, but I doubt we'll be using lead core (and I will do my best to resist the urge to swim). Now @Three Bouys, he's likely straining the Nanticoke water with lead core set-ups as I type here.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks