Hotlinefishing Port Bruce July 11 & 12

Hotlinefishing

I took a group of 3 fishermen which were new to Lake Erie fishing and we were greeted with fine weather and good conditions on Friday, July 11th. The wind was out of the north so we headed west to Stanley at a speed of 33 knots. We started trolling around 63 feet and started hitting fish at 65 feet. We setup a spread of 7 leadcore with 8,9,10 colors and one dipsey on a 1 setting out about 140 feet. Most of the fish marked from 40 down to about 56 feet. We were using the same spoons from a couple of days before and there did not appear to be any preference. Most of the hits came before 10:00 am and then things really slowed down. We ended up 7 for 12 for walleye and caught a few silver bass and a couple of sheepshead. We ended up our trolling about 3 miles past Stanley. There were plenty of nets in the area and lots of fish marking. I mainly fished between two sets of nets since I did not see an opening large enough to get through with my planer boards.

Stats:
Surface temp was 70.5 degress
Downtemp at 40 feet was 68.5
Lure speed was 2.4-2.6 on probe and 2.7-3.0 mph on GPS
Lures were a variety of orange/greens using Dreamweaver SS and NK28
Ended with 7 walleye in the box

July 12th
I attempted to cancel the charter for July 12th with the east winds blowing all evening and the rest of the next day. My group was unable to reschedule and wanted to go anyway. There were few boats that left North Erie Marina. I decided to troll with the waves and setup about 5 miles west of Port Bruce. We trolled west in about 64-67 feet of water and got pushed into 63 feet by 10:45 a.m. There were some good marks before we got to Stanley as soon as we hit about 64.5 feet. Around 10:30 a.m. the waves were really getting up so we pulled lines at 11:00 a.m. and headed back to port. It was a long run back since we had been going with the waves for a few hours. We ended up landing 5 walleye and lost a few between the waves.

Stats:
Surface temp was 71 degrees
Did not run the temp probe today
Lure speed was 2.6-3.1 on GPS
Lures used were a mix of spoons pink/greens/orange and one purple
Ended up with 5 walleye in the box

IMG_00000297.jpgIMG_00000299.jpgIMG_00000293.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks