Hotlinefishing Port Bruce July 11th with today's Hot lure picks

Hotlinefishing

Hello,

I fished with two clients today and decided to try some deeper water than I have been fishing since last weekend. The lake had a nice chop out in the deep water and I found that the water was murky in the 50-56 foot range that I had been fishing. I slowed down in 56 feet was not getting the marks that I was looking for. I decided to setup just east of Port Stanley in 63 of water and troll west. We started hitting fish as soon as we hit 65 feet of water so we fished in 66.5-67 feet for the rest of the day. We got into double digits on walleye and the clients landed 6 of them. I could not believe how warm the water was on the temp probe. The surface temp was 71 degrees and down 50 feet it was 68.5 degrees. No wonder the rainbow have headed for some cooler areas.
We fished with 6 lead core rods 8's, 9's, 10's. The fish were marking from 42 to 54 feet down. It is pretty early to be using the deep lead cores but with the warm temps down deep and all the hooks marking there that's what worked for me today.

Stats:
Surface temp at 67 feet west of Stanley was 71 degrees
Down temp at 50 feet was 68.5 degrees
Best lure speed with the spoon setup was 2.4-2.6 on the temp probe or 2.7-3.0 on the GPS in mph
The larger spoons caught fewer silver bass which were pesky today due to their larger hooks
Did not use dipsey's today but I am sure that would have worked also

Tightlines,

John

Hotlinefishing today's lure picks and nice walleyeIMG_00000292.jpgIMG_00000286.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks