Hotlinefishing On Water Clinic Saturday August 16th

Hotlinefishing

Hello fellow board members,

Over the course of this season I have been speaking to fellow anglers at North Erie Marina who had various questions about the setup on my vessel, lure selection, depths, etc. I have decided to offer a one day fishing clinic on Saturday, August 16th at 6:30 a.m. on board my vessel to the first four board members who would like to receive some hints and tips. The cost per person will be reduced to $125.00 each.

I will have a Gopro camera mounted on the Etec 225 to record the video and will burn this to DVD for everyone. This will be available for pickup at North Erie Marina on a visit to my vessel within a few days. Also included will be a fantastic beer batter mix for you to enjoy the catch. I will fillet a couple of the walleye to show you how to maximize the yield and also provide the best tasting fillet.

Highlights:
Tuning in gain on fishfinder to locate thermocline
Using Depth Raider to adjust speed of lure and have a constant read on temperature
Using GPS screens to locate fishing locations and indicate the shortest routes by driving in straight line
Using the Autopilot to enhance the fishing experience
Fishing patterns to maximize your catch
Lure, rod and other tackle selection

Please bring a light lunch and soft beverages and we will do a wrap-up on shore.

I will watch the board over the next few days and will let everyone know when the spots have filled. I have included a video from last year that shows the vessel and some of the tackle we use.

Cheers,

John

Hi mrbrown95,

This weeks weather does not look good now right up to Saturday. If there are high winds I will schedule another date with those who are interested. Are you available on weekdays as well?

Cheers,

John

only this week I am on vacation if it can't be then that is what must be. The lake has not been cooperating this year so I do understand.

Sounds like a great idea and I would love to come out and learn, I have been fishing out of Burwell for the past 4 years with limited success and this would be a great oppurtunity. If there is still a seat available I'm in!

Hey BurfordBuzz,

Sounds good, as long as I get a full crew and the weather works for us the clinic will be a go. If the weather does not work we will select a date that works for everyone.

Cheers,

John

I can let everyone know by Thursday evening. If the winds blow at 20 knots all week it would be better to do the clinic another day.

Cheers,

John

Hi john
I have been waiting for one of these!! And of course its the only weekend I am away!!
If date changes, or you do another session through week (will book vacation day!)I will do everything I can to attend
Thanks Darrell (newbie)

Hi John
Great idea. !
I'm in for the clinic if you still have room. I'm good with any day of the week, day or night. If you have a full house would you consider putting on a second class.
Thanks Norm
Hello fellow board members,

Over the course of this season I have been speaking to fellow anglers at North Erie Marina who had various questions about the setup on my vessel, lure selection, depths, etc. I have decided to offer a one day fishing clinic on Saturday, August 16th at 6:30 a.m. on board my vessel to the first four board members who would like to receive some hints and tips. The cost per person will be reduced to $125.00 each.

I will have a Gopro camera mounted on the Etec 225 to record the video and will burn this to DVD for everyone. This will be available for pickup at North Erie Marina on a visit to my vessel within a few days. Also included will be a fantastic beer batter mix for you to enjoy the catch. I will fillet a couple of the walleye to show you how to maximize the yield and also provide the best tasting fillet.

Highlights:
Tuning in gain on fishfinder to locate thermocline
Using Depth Raider to adjust speed of lure and have a constant read on temperature
Using GPS screens to locate fishing locations and indicate the shortest routes by driving in straight line
Using the Autopilot to enhance the fishing experience
Fishing patterns to maximize your catch
Lure, rod and other tackle selection

Please bring a light lunch and soft beverages and we will do a wrap-up on shore.

I will watch the board over the next few days and will let everyone know when the spots have filled. I have included a video from last year that shows the vessel and some of the tackle we use.

Cheers,

John

Hello Everyone,

After reviewing the weather this week I have decided to move the fishing clinic to Saturday, August 23rd with a 6:30 a.m. starting time. Those who have contacted me please let me know if you will be available on August 23rd. I will consider doing an afternoon fishing clinic with a starting time of 2:45 p.m. if there is enough interest.

Cheers,

John

Great video John... Like the idea of a hands on how to charter... Good work...

yes John i would be interested for Saturday pending the weather of coarse, I am on holidays for a few weeks coming the end of this week and could possible do it through the week pending on my wifes approval
:)

Hey Smokey1,

I have moved the date to Saturday, Aug. 23rd. Is that good for you? You can see my planer setup in action.

Cheers,

John

What a great idea John. 30 years ago it would be unheard of for a charter guy to divulge this info. Heck they wouldn't even tell you what the lure on the line was.

Good move looking ahead and changing the date. Hope everyone gets out then and you have a fantastic time. Good fishing.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks