Search results

1. Joey D

Fishing Report Port Bruce - Sept 9th evening

Left NEM around 3:45pm yesterday and had a nice ride out to 53 fow in a slow gentle swell, straight south of Bruce. Our 5-Rod setup was 6 and 7 colour leadcores off inline planers with body baits. Ran 3 dispy’s, all #1 size, two without rings on 3 setting at anywhere from 103-137’ and one with a...
  2. Joey D

Fishing Report Port Bruce - September 1st

Launched at NEM around 6:30 this morning. Headed out to 56 fow and set up 2 dipsys and 2 leadcore. Fished out to 63’ to finish our limit just before 9:00. Unlike others, we had to sort many small 16” pickerels/walleyes (I call them both, let’s get along). Ended up keeping a couple of the spikes...
  3. Joey D

Fishing Report Port Bruce - pickerel -July 6th

Got a late start and launched from NEM at 6:00pm tonight. A slow bumpy ride in the Lund to 57’ and we set two #1 dipsys on 3 settings, a 3 colour lead and a custom bandit in the latest ‘Carol F@#cking Baskin’ pattern. She didn’t catch anything, but a lights out spoon on the one dipsy and a...
  4. Joey D

Fishing Report Port Bruce - Pickerel - July 4th

Launched from a relatively quiet NEM around 6:15 this morning. Planned to rip out to 69’ but with the heavier than expected offshore rollers we stopped in 58’, setup and trolled south. We turned back once before the Lake settled down and were done at 10:30 going 13/14 on walleye. We released a...
  5. Joey D

Fishing Report Port Bruce Wednesday evening

We launched from NEM around 5:00 yesterday and fished until 8:30. Started in 46 fow and I trolled south to 56 without any action. We headed back in and when we got to 44’ around 7:30 we caught the first fish of the year. A small walleye on a black #1dipsy on the 3 setting back 65’ with a nascar...
  6. Joey D

Colchester Easter Weekend

I’m considering traveling to the west end to fish for walleye on the Easter weekend. Is that too early for this area? I’ve never fished the west end any time of year but thought it might be worth trying this year to hold me over until the Central Basin heats up. I’m assuming that the Detroit...
  7. Joey D

Fishing Report Port Bruce - September 24th

Since it was too hot to hunt and too nice to not fish I managed to get out for one more trip this morning. We launched early again and watched the sunrise while trolling on a very flat lake. We headed back to port at 9:00 am with one walleye shy of a three man limit but managed a bonus...
  8. Joey D

Fishing Report Port Bruce Walleye - September 22

We launched early from NEM this morning and had lines in the water by 7:00. We started in 56 fow and trolled south to 63' and had our limit by 8:40. A purple clown husky jerk behind 10 lead was the hottest but the dipsy's set 100-110' back on 1 and 2 setting each caught a few also. The east...
  9. Joey D

Lake Huron Fishing Charter recommendations

I'm hoping to book a charter for late August on Lake Huron for some clients. I've never fished Lake Huron and I was hoping some of you may be able to offer some recommendations for charters. Ideally we would fish on the southern part of the lake, however, I don't know if the fishing would be...
  10. Joey D

Fishing Report Port Bruce Rainbows - Saturday July 23rd

We launched from North Erie Marina around 7 today and fished until 11:30. We fished from 52-58 fow. Landed 7 rainbows and lost a few more along with 3 of my lures. I've never seen rainbow action like we had today. Caught them on leadcore - 6, 7 and 10 colours with ripplin redfins and spoons...
  11. Joey D

Fishing Report Port Bruce - Friday June 24th - pickerel/trout

We fished from 52-56 fow this evening and managed 2 'bows and a pickerel. Lots of silver bass. Purple clown tail dancers and ripplin redfins behind lead did the damage. Lake is looking beauty for everyone heading out in the morning. Good luck. -Joe
  12. Joey D

Fishing Report Port Bruce - June 17th

We headed out of north Erie Marina Friday night around 5:39 and started trolling in 51 fow. I didn't get the first line out before I hooked up with my personal best pickerel, a beauty 10 pounder. We caught another hog walleye only slightly smaller than the first. We went 1/2 on rainbows and the...
  13. Joey D

Fishing Report Port Bruce - June 3rd

We launched at Greg's tonight at about 5:15 and fish until about 9. We tried 30, 35 and 27 fow. Never got into them. We managed 4 perch and 1 smelt plus a few sheephead. Not much of a haul but it's going to be a beauty fisherman's breakfast in the morning.
  14. Joey D

First Muskie - Lake St. Clair

Last Sunday we tried our luck trolling for Lake St. Clair muskies out of Lighthouse Cove. We've made the trip down twice in the last couple years without ever catching a fish. This trip I finally caught my first muskie. We just got past the buoys out of the Thames and I dropped a 6" jointed...
  15. Joey D

Port Bruce 'Eyes - Saturday morning

We are out fishing in 55-58 fow straight out of Bruce. It's been fairly rolly all morning but not too bad. Wind seems to be picking up. Manged 3 walleyes all off 200' long lines with purple clown fish tail dancers on inline boards. 2.2-2.8mph on the GPS. Definitely not as many fish as we...
  16. Joey D

Costa Rica fishing

Since it's so cold and the soft water fishing season seems so far away, I thought I'd share a fishing trip I took in Costa Rica recently. My wife and I just took our belated honeymoon in Costa Rica. Being the sweetheart she is, we scheduled in a couple days of fishing. The first day we fished...
  17. Joey D

Port Bruce - Walleye - Sunday & Monday

We fished out of Bruce twice this weekend. Headed out Sunday evening and fished from 6:30-9:30 in aboute 58'-59' fow, just soutwest of Port. We managed 9 'eyes. 5 or 6 of them came in the last hour. The following setups caught fish: Purple clown fish rapala 30' diver back 300' off an inline...
  18. Joey D

Port Bruce - walleye - Saturday July 12th

We made the first trip of the season for walleyes yesterday. We headed a little west of port and started fishing in 55' and trolled out to 58' where we fished most of the day from about 7:30-3. We only managed to boat 3 fished and lost another. Not fast and furious but a great day of fishing...
  19. Joey D

Port Bruce perch - Friday June 13th

We fished from 6:45 until about 9:00 and kept around 39 perch tonight. We fished off the 3 rows of trees east of the pier in 29-30 feet of water. We only caught a couple of gobies, two sheepshead and a few silver bass. We threw lots of small perch back the fishing was steady. I finally tried...
  20. Joey D

Takcle setup for Lake Erie perch fishing

Hey guys, As the perch season is upon us (or almost upon us) I'm starting to get all my gear setup and organized. I'm just curious as to what everyone's tackle setup is for perch fishing. I fish almost exclusively out of Port Bruce so I'm referring to the main lake and not LPB as I...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks