Fishing Report Port Bruce - September 24th

Joey D

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Since it was too hot to hunt and too nice to not fish I managed to get out for one more trip this morning. We launched early again and watched the sunrise while trolling on a very flat lake.

We headed back to port at 9:00 am with one walleye shy of a three man limit but managed a bonus rainbow.

#1 dipsy's on a 1.5 setting back 109' with a smelt husky jerk and a lights out spoon caught the majority, followed by a purple clown husky jerk behind 10 lead and a couple came off a purple clown tail dancer behind 6 lead.

63 fow seemed to have the most action for us and then things went quiet and the screen went blank at 65 fow.

An absolutely gorgeous day out there (even with the bugs).

Cheers,
-Joe
IMG_4257.JPG IMG_4259.JPG

Since it was too hot to hunt and too nice to not fish I managed to get out for one more trip this morning. We launched early again and watched the sunrise while trolling on a very flat lake.

We headed back to port at 9:00 am with one walleye shy of a three man limit but managed a bonus rainbow.

#1 dipsy's on a 1.5 setting back 109' with a smelt husky jerk and a lights out spoon caught the majority, followed by a purple clown husky jerk behind 10 lead and a couple came off a purple clown tail dancer behind 6 lead.

63 fow seemed to have the most action for us and then things went quiet and the screen went blank at 65 fow.

An absolutely gorgeous day out there (even with the bugs).

Cheers,
-Joe
View attachment 6534 View attachment 6535
WOW!! Thanks for the Excellent Report and the great photo's of your morning Sunrise,& of course all of those Beautiful Fish that were caught.If it wasn't for the weekend,(I don't like crowds and line-ups),I would of also been out on the lake.Just curious,was it crowded at the Boat Ramp? Thanks in Advance,& Enjoy your fish fry! (y)

WOW!! Thanks for the Excellent Report and the great photo's of your morning Sunrise,& of course all of those Beautiful Fish that were caught.If it wasn't for the weekend,(I don't like crowds and line-ups),I would of also been out on the lake.Just curious,was it crowded at the Boat Ramp? Thanks in Advance,& Enjoy your fish fry! (y)

We beat the crowd as we got down there around 6:20. The crowd had launched already when we got back in around 9:30. It was a quick in and quick out. We timed it well. I don't like crowds or lineups either but it goes smoothly at North Erie Marina in my experience.

Last edited:
We beat the crowd as we got down there around 6:20. He crowd had launched already when we got back in around 9:30. It was a quick in and quick out. We timed it well. I don't like crowds or lineups either but it goes smoothly at North Erie Marina in my experience.
Thanks @Joey D. My last time out on Lake Erie was out of Port Burwell on another guys boat during the Summer Holiday Season,and of course it was busy then at that Boat Ramp.I will give Port Bruce or Port Stanley a try the next time,because they are a lot closer to me in traveling time.I am still amazed on how Quickly you all caught those fish in such a short time.Congratulations,& Tight Lines,& Walleye's ON!! (y)

Last edited:
I was a bit late getting out...fished 10-2 Last hour was slow. Still ended with 5 pics and a bow...the bugs drove me off the lake quicker than the heat. At 62' they were brutal. Even so, back out tomorrow!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks