Fishing Report Port Bruce - September 1st

Joey D

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Launched at NEM around 6:30 this morning. Headed out to 56 fow and set up 2 dipsys and 2 leadcore. Fished out to 63’ to finish our limit just before 9:00. Unlike others, we had to sort many small 16” pickerels/walleyes (I call them both, let’s get along). Ended up keeping a couple of the spikes too because they were expired.

Our best setup was a 6-colour lead with a black and purple (Michael Jackson bagley rumble B-11). Second best was a purple/green spoon with black dots on a #1 dipsy without a ring on 3 setting at 133’ (weird about odd numbers only on the line counters). The “OG” silver/blue nasty boy spoon on the other dipsy caught a few also, and so did a Redfin in cherry bomb pattern on a 7-core.

59-60 fow seemed to be the most action but it was still early. Got followed by the pack after that and didn’t feel like turning back into the action and having to mumble to ourselves about who has the right-of-way (I’ve learned the other boat is always wrong).

Thankful for the 12 we kept and fingers crossed for the ~ 12 we let go. Had a few seagulls & terns keeping an eye and wanting it to go another way. Let one sheepshead go and also lost what I can only assume to be the largest rainbow trout ever caught, but sadly wasn’t seen.

Happy Labour Day. Don’t work too hard to any that have too. Have fun and be happy.
-Joe

Attachments

• 84A2FD09-FD71-422C-915F-4C37AEE0D8B7.jpeg
    84A2FD09-FD71-422C-915F-4C37AEE0D8B7.jpeg
    282.5 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_1513.jpeg
    IMG_1513.jpeg
    402.5 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
To bad that rainbow got away, my wife lost that one as well.
Excellent report Joe Good to see you got out. My carpel tunnel surgery on my right hand and the upcoming one on the left hand has kept the boat on the trailer all season. Ashley , next door, has kept me in fillets. Having a neighborhood fish fry on the 9th. Once again-good report.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks