Port Bruce - walleye - Saturday July 12th

Joey D

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
We made the first trip of the season for walleyes yesterday. We headed a little west of port and started fishing in 55' and trolled out to 58' where we fished most of the day from about 7:30-3. We only managed to boat 3 fished and lost another. Not fast and furious but a great day of fishing nonetheless.

All fish were caught on spoons - nascar, blueberry muffin, greasy chicken wing and a green spoon with yellow spots that I'm not sure of the pattern name. I list 4 spoons as one of the fish made it to about 10' from the boat before we lost it. Shouldn't be too much longer before I stop hearing about the one I lost ;).

One fish was on 8 colours of lead straight out the back, one was on 5 colours off the planer board and two were caught on a #0 dipsey on the 3 setting back 123'. Water temp was about 73 degrees. We trolled between 2.5-3 mph.

I'm sure the numbers of fish will pick up soon enough. We talked to others back at north erie that had done much better than us and were reporting the fish were all up high.

index.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    755.2 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks