Fishing Report Port Bruce - Sept 9th evening

Joey D

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Left NEM around 3:45pm yesterday and had a nice ride out to 53 fow in a slow gentle swell, straight south of Bruce. Our 5-Rod setup was 6 and 7 colour leadcores off inline planers with body baits. Ran 3 dispy’s, all #1 size, two without rings on 3 setting at anywhere from 103-137’ and one with a ring on 0 setting at 69’.

Trolled out to 60 fow, and mostly hung out in that depth, trolling east into the waves and had steady action for the few hours we fished. Everything had a fish on when we packed up before 8:00 for a nice ride in. Had to let several go at the end. I believe 59-60 fow was the best.

The all-stars by far were a Redfin in “Michael Jackson” on the 7-colour lead and a Bubble Gum mooneye minnow on the 0 setting dipsy which I thought matched colours well. A nascar spoon caught a few as did other lures but these two setups caught the most. Ended the evening with an uncharacteristic dipsy and leadcore tangle and a bunch of 4 letter words but that’s the way she goes.

Only one jumbo but all-in-all decent sized fish for our 18.

I suspect that’s the last fish for me this year. Have a new mud motor toy and I’m excited to get into the marsh chasing ducks with. Had to ease the pain of selling my boat last winter with something.

Good fishing and tight lines to all that are still getting out. Based on the multiple year classes of yellow pickerel and walleye being caught this year, my best guess is that the fishery should be healthy for several years to come and hopefully even more than that.

Cheers,
-Joe

Attachments

• IMG_1611.jpeg
    IMG_1611.jpeg
    359.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1608.jpeg
    IMG_1608.jpeg
    373.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1615.jpeg
    IMG_1615.jpeg
    353.1 KB · Views: 26
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks