Fishing Report Port Bruce Wednesday evening

Joey D

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
We launched from NEM around 5:00 yesterday and fished until 8:30. Started in 46 fow and I trolled south to 56 without any action. We headed back in and when we got to 44’ around 7:30 we caught the first fish of the year. A small walleye on a black #1dipsy on the 3 setting back 65’ with a nascar spoon. Knowing full well I have a long walleye season with plenty of fish ahead, I quickly lost that fish at the back of the boat.

Luckily the graph started to light up and we had some steady action for the next hour between 39-44 fow. We did circles and brought 6 fish home. We lost another one at the surface and had several more strikes. They didn’t seem to be hooked very well so I’m thankful to have an excuse for the lost fish.

The nascar spoon on the dipsy had the most action but a pink panties spoon on a wonderbread coloured dipsy set at the same depth caught the biggest fish of the night and a black/gold RR on 6-lead caught one or two also.

It was definitely the shallowest we’ve trolled for walleyes.

Tight lines everyone.
-Joe

Attachments

• 36C2E2CA-8BD8-4912-A646-C5C797FC1D91.jpeg
    36C2E2CA-8BD8-4912-A646-C5C797FC1D91.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 50
  • B1C35AE7-AC3F-4632-BD4B-B4D4EB5ACDFF.jpeg
    B1C35AE7-AC3F-4632-BD4B-B4D4EB5ACDFF.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 51
We launched from NEM around 5:00 yesterday and fished until 8:30. Started in 46 fow and I trolled south to 56 without any action. We headed back in and when we got to 44’ around 7:30 we caught the first fish of the year. A small walleye on a black #1dipsy on the 3 setting back 65’ with a nascar spoon. Knowing full well I have a long walleye season with plenty of fish ahead, I quickly lost that fish at the back of the boat.

Luckily the graph started to light up and we had some steady action for the next hour between 39-44 fow. We did circles and brought 6 fish home. We lost another one at the surface and had several more strikes. They didn’t seem to be hooked very well so I’m thankful to have an excuse for the lost fish.

The nascar spoon on the dipsy had the most action but a pink panties spoon on a wonderbread coloured dipsy set at the same depth caught the biggest fish of the night and a black/gold RR on 6-lead caught one or two also.

It was definitely the shallowest we’ve trolled for walleyes.

Tight lines everyone.
-Joe
Congratulations @Joey D It looks like that I will have to try a evening bite off Port Bruce one day,& thanks for sharing your photo’s and your techniques on how to catch them there!! Enjoy your walleye fry & tight lines!! ? ????

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks