Search results

1. Arawak

boat washing service

This was my first year with a slip, and I was surprised at how hard it is to get that brown crap off the bottom after a couple months sitting in the water. I had a go at it earlier this summer and had to break out the muriatic acid to get it off. Didn't take long for it to all come back. Mike...
  2. Arawak

Seasonal slip in Port Bruce advice pls

At my wife's suggestion (!) I'm looking at getting a slip for my 18' centre console this season. Probably in Port Bruce since that's close and easy for me in north London. Never had a slip before, always launch at the ramp, so I'm looking for any advice for a newbie in terms of what to expect...
  3. Arawak

Off Topic Launching in Kincardine?

We are staying at my sister's in law's cottage in Point Clark near Kincardine and I was wondering if anyone had any advice about launching out of Kincardine or anywhere else nearby. On Monday the place was an absolute madhouse and it didn't look like there was anywhere to park after launching...
  4. Arawak

What time should I go to Glasgow today?

Thinking to go to Glasgow today, just finishing up various tasks. Wondering what the least painful time to go today/tonight would be. I'm thinking maybe 3pm would after most of the crowd have come out. Any thoughts?
  5. Arawak

Nice night at Glasgow

Drove three hours for 2 hours on the water, but it was worth it. Only one 3lb walleye to show for it, but it was a beautiful evening.
  6. Arawak

Port Stanley - June 19

Thought I'd give Port Stanley a try today instead of Glasgow. It's nearly 30 mins closer for me (northeast London). Pulled out at 6:30am, think I was on the water around 7:30am and put the lines out in 55ft around 8am. Mostly running leadcore are various depths from 3 to 7 colours, but also...
  7. Arawak

Lake Huron opportunities?

Looks like I have Friday off.. anyone have any advice about fishing Lake Huron this time of year? I'm not particular about species. I have a 19' centre console, I'll usually run lead core but I have dipsies and various other divers. Thinking about Goderich, Grand Bend, or Port Franks.
  8. Arawak

Lake Huron opportunities?

I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on fishing Lake Huron. Port Franks is closest for me (north London) but Sarnia and Goderich are also do-able. I have lead core and dipseys, and would be interested in trying for, well, anything really. I'm just not sure where and what to fish for at this...
  9. Arawak

Fishing Report Port Stanley May 24

Went out of Stan's around 7pm, got lead core in the water around 7:30. Got one nice 4lb walleye in about 40', with 6 colours @ 1.7mph. Headed back in about 8:30pm.
  10. Arawak

Fishing Report Port Stanley - August 14

Went out solo yesterday morning 10am out of Port Stanley. Decided to try just regular 6ft rods with bead chain inline weights in front of worm harnesses trolling about 0.9 mph in 57'. Was rewarded right away with two fish, which were fun to play. The first was a three pounder, the second was...
  11. Arawak

Fishing Report Port Glasgow Friday night

My son and I went out of Port Glasgow last night around 6 pm. Two lead core lines at 63'. Didn't even get the first one all the way out before I had a hit. Just a silver bass but a big one. But the walleye weren't far behind. I kept trying to deploy a third line on a jet diver but every time I...
  12. Arawak

Port Stanley or Port Franks?

Gong out after work tomorrow night, but not sure whether to go to Port Stanley or Port Franks. Anyone know if there's anything happening in Lake Huron near PF? I have dipseys and leadcore.
  13. Arawak

Erie on Sunday?

Calling for NE winds 20knots... wondering if that's fishable (for perch) out of Port Bruce or Port Stanley... any thoughts? I'm in London debating whether to go to Erie, Huron, St Clair this Sunday. Brand new boat, been out only twice this year :-(
  14. Arawak

Sarnia's new boat ramp

15. Arawak

Port Stanley tomorrow

Took Monday off when I saw the forecast, going to put my new boat in the water tomorrow at Port Stanley. Most of it will just be breaking the engine in, but I will try trolling with some rods mounted on the T top just to get used to it. Anyway... is there any point actually trying to catch...
  16. Arawak

port stanley boat ramp

Not sure if this ever closes, but thought I'd ask here. I get my new boat on Wednesday night, and I see Thursday is going to be sunny and 12 degrees. Any reason I can't put in at Port Stanley this time of year to start breaking in the motor?
  17. Arawak

Log east of burwell

20 ft of water by first Windmill. Careful coming in.
  18. Arawak

VHS virus suspected in Lake St Clair fish kill

Reports of dead fish floating in Lake St. Clair have Michigan's Department of Natural Resources investigating a possible outbreak of viral hemorrhagic septicemia, a virus researchers describe as "very contagious." Symptoms can include bloody patches on the fish's skin. The virus, also known as...
  19. Arawak

No minnows in Burwell

Seems there are no minnows in Burwell today. Sad face. Heard there are none in Bruce either.
  20. Arawak

Fishing Report Burwell Perch Sunday

Went out this morning around 7:30am with my father in-law. Put in at Big otter, but had to stop at bradfields for minnows on the way out. Kinda bumpy on the ride out. We set up at 42 ft, just a little east, but not as far as where the silver barn was. No bites so we moved out to 49ft where...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks