port stanley boat ramp

Arawak

Not sure if this ever closes, but thought I'd ask here. I get my new boat on Wednesday night, and I see Thursday is going to be sunny and 12 degrees.

Any reason I can't put in at Port Stanley this time of year to start breaking in the motor?

Make sure your insurance doesn't have a winter layup Ryder mine dissent start up again untill April first
Last time I was there there was a lot of debris at ramp saw a lot of timber around.Also make sure there is no south winds expected as you will damage the new boat as the waves hammer the ramp hard as it is not protected.Port Stanley really dropped the ball on the location of this ramp.Be carefull if you go out heads up always this time of year.Good luck with the new boat.

Last edited:
Not sure if this ever closes, but thought I'd ask here. I get my new boat on Wednesday night, and I see Thursday is going to be sunny and 12 degrees.

Any reason I can't put in at Port Stanley this time of year to start breaking in the motor?
Watch for dead heads remember * 16 on your cell phone if you get into trouble

Port Glasgow should be good as long as it's not too windy.

Was at Pt Glasgow 2 hours ago. Waves where pounding the end break wall. The twin ramps are plugged with debris but the single deeper ramp is clean and clear. Lots of nice minnows in the docks.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks