Port Stanley - June 19

Arawak

Thought I'd give Port Stanley a try today instead of Glasgow. It's nearly 30 mins closer for me (northeast London).

Pulled out at 6:30am, think I was on the water around 7:30am and put the lines out in 55ft around 8am. Mostly running leadcore are various depths from 3 to 7 colours, but also tried a dipsey and even an inline weight for a while. Spoons, RRF, divers, etc.

Tough morning, not much going on. Radio chatter suggested others were getting orne or two but not a heavy bite. A couple guys were good enough to report some luck at 65ft, so I went out a bit to try my luck there.... no takers other than a silver bass.

Eventually, around noon, I had a rainbow on but lost it. Was fun while it lasted though :)

Picked up a 3lb walleye a bit later in 60ft and decided to call it a day. Went into a thai green curry for dinner.

Ramp was not all that busy, easy to get in and out. The bridge is closed for construction, so you have to go around and come down the west side of the creek. It's $22 and change for parking, and you have to use the Honk Mobile app, no credit cards or coins.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks