Off Topic Launching in Kincardine?

Arawak

We are staying at my sister's in law's cottage in Point Clark near Kincardine and I was wondering if anyone had any advice about launching out of Kincardine or anywhere else nearby. On Monday the place was an absolute madhouse and it didn't look like there was anywhere to park after launching. Is this normal? Are there better options?

There is ... but the beachers had occupied every parking spot there too, including the ones designated for boat trailers. I'll try there again tomorrow... maybe it was just because the long weekend.

how is the salmon bite there right now? got a trip planned to Owen Sound but dont know the area, would Kincardine be a better choice come end of August?

If you are going to Owen Sound the end of August, be aware the Owen Sound Salmon Spectacular runs from Aug.26 to Sept 4. It will be busy.

Kincardine is free, parking on the grass. I was there a few weeks ago. Good smooth ramp, remember, Monday was the holiday too. Point Clark was trying to get a permit from transport Canada to dredge their harbour. Typical Canadian government, they have been waiting a while.

The Inverhuron provincal park launch is often not busy plus you are a quick ride to the Bruce B outfall area ,day pass .The Inverhuron bay is about 30 ft deep and can be a good troll for rainbows.

Thanks to all. I went out of Point Clark today and it was fine. I guess it was just the long weekend. Paid $90 to get a key fob for the ramp for three days, so I can come and go as I please. The cottage we are staying at is only 5 minutes down the road so it's not bad at all.

The harbor has recently been dredged.... Apparently it had silted it up and was almost unusable. In fact it looks like dredging is ongoing.

I will probably put the boat in the water in the morning and then bring the truck and trailer back to the cottage and drive the boat down and anchor just off the beach for the day as long as the waves are not bad. It's pretty flat right now.

My daughter and I took a quick trip out to 65 ft and drove around washing lures for about 45 minutes. I'm aware that you need to go out further to get any salmon but I really just wanted to get a feel for the lake before I go out tomorrow.

The guys at the ramp said that you need to go out pretty far ... almost to the American border to catch salmon right now. Looking at a chart that seems a bit crazy for me in a 18-footer.

Thanks to all. I went out of Point Clark today and it was fine. I guess it was just the long weekend. Paid $90 to get a key fob for the ramp for three days, so I can come and go as I please. The cottage we are staying at is only 5 minutes down the road so it's not bad at all.

The harbor has recently been dredged.... Apparently it had silted it up and was almost unusable. In fact it looks like dredging is ongoing.

I will probably put the boat in the water in the morning and then bring the truck and trailer back to the cottage and drive the boat down and anchor just off the beach for the day as long as the waves are not bad. It's pretty flat right now.

My daughter and I took a quick trip out to 65 ft and drove around washing lures for about 45 minutes. I'm aware that you need to go out further to get any salmon but I really just wanted to get a feel for the lake before I go out tomorrow.

The guys at the ramp said that you need to go out pretty far ... almost to the American border to catch salmon right now. Looking at a chart that seems a bit crazy for me in a 18-footer.
Should be able to park or launch in the pine river ? Unless that channel is to shallow

That may be true to find salmon right now unless you go closer to the Bruce Power plant where its deeper. Google the Alpena-Amberley ridge -it is right there at Point Clark, that's where the Dwindle's dream charter boat typically goes out of Kincardine. Work the contours, several nice holes near you ,lots of lake trout and the odd walleye, the rainbows in August are often there too. I had good luck on green and also blue chilly willy dreamweaver spoons (and anything alewife looking )and maglips when fishing in that area before we moved south lol. Enjoy your week!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks