Erie on Sunday?

Arawak

Calling for NE winds 20knots... wondering if that's fishable (for perch) out of Port Bruce or Port Stanley... any thoughts?

I'm in London debating whether to go to Erie, Huron, St Clair this Sunday. Brand new boat, been out only twice this year :-(

Better have a big boat. I'd check may4 again on Sat. but 20 knots is going to be a bit bouncy and tough to feel light biters.

20 knots is not too good for fishing in that area or anywhere for that matter.
20 knots = 37 km per hour.
About double my limit for fishing.

I'd go, if the wind direction stays the same the 20 knots isn't really a factor. Your not far off shore to get to perch fishing depths off of Bruce. Less than 2 miles. Not really room for the waves to get rolling. The forecast for the 12 hours before is also a factor. If its really blowing from the east, west or south there can still be big rollers in the morning even if the wind is turning to offshore. I'm going to go to Goderich to troll, also offshore wind forecast.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks