Lake Huron opportunities?

Arawak

Looks like I have Friday off.. anyone have any advice about fishing Lake Huron this time of year? I'm not particular about species.

I have a 19' centre console, I'll usually run lead core but I have dipsies and various other divers.

Thinking about Goderich, Grand Bend, or Port Franks.

Where are you coming from? If Lake Ontario is not to far for you I would try one of the north shore ports. I haven’t heard to much for Huron this year but if you out of Goderich head out to 80 feet and start from there. Put dipsies out 120-170 and start there and see what happens.

Coming from London. Never fished Lake Ontario, it's a bit of a haul for me. I have thought about going out of Bronte one day though.

Looks like I have Friday off.. anyone have any advice about fishing Lake Huron this time of year? I'm not particular about species.

I have a 19' centre console, I'll usually run lead core but I have dipsies and various other divers.

I’ve been out front of Goderich twice this year. Last week got one Lake Trout and a Pink Sslmon. Started in 60’ of water to 80’. Didn’t mark anything. Slow start.

@Arawak I fished off Port Franks last year in early June,(sorry that I don’t have any earlier reports yet for this year,especially from lake huron.Boat ramp’s were also closed earlier,(when I normally would of been fishing on Lake Huron),due to the Covid-19 virus pandemic.Either way,last year I was targeting coho’s,rainbows & chinook salmon,but I ended up catching my first walleye ever 63229414-ACCE-4E19-93A3-F133EE9075E3.jpeg on Lake Huron,which was just fine with me.The fish were still high F59DF25A-9A03-424D-BC1B-6825D4053E26.jpeg in the water column around that time of year,and I was using lead core anywhere from 3 to 5 colour with various colours of silver streak lure’s.I just recently bought these mini streak lure’s,64842C63-2270-45BB-885E-D6AA19C7CD10.jpeg and I can’t wait to try these out on my first trip on Lake Huron this year.I haven’t even had my boat out yet this year,for I just got my tow vehicle back from the body shop after waiting for just over 2 weeks & now this week my boat trailer is going into a garage to get the hydraulic surge brakes & wheel bearings looked at,for I plan on doing a lot of boat trailering again this year.All the best on lake huron 6C87385A-7DFE-4075-9AB7-48BE79E13F00.jpeg @Arawak from whatever Port you are fishing from,and please post from your day of fishing & tight lines!! ? ???:cool:

I used to fish out of Goderich for Salmom and Trout May and early June with limited success. Oddly enough I had some trout hit a blue and silver NK28 while I was trying to put the line in the downrigger clip. Can't reel it in till you get the bird's nest out. I always left one lure fluttering on the surface after that. Last year locals reported more walleye being caught in lake and harbour. Haven't heard anything this year.

I'm not sure about Godrich or port Frank's end .

Lake Huron has been getting much better over the last couple years ...bait seem to have come back

I have only fished Point Clarke, Kincardine , Port Elgin and past Sauble Beach.

My friend has been catching allot of Lakers and odd coho off Point Clatk lately

And my uncle has been doing very well out of Port Elgin for salmon over the last 3 weeks

They fish the humps and drop offs around Loggies Reef.

I suggest wherever you go ....ask people at launch or marina ...if willing to exchange cell or call handle on vhf ffor sharing info..... might at least get bottom temps

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks