Fishing Report Burwell Perch Sunday

Arawak

Went out this morning around 7:30am with my father in-law. Put in at Big otter, but had to stop at bradfields for minnows on the way out.

Kinda bumpy on the ride out. We set up at 42 ft, just a little east, but not as far as where the silver barn was. No bites so we moved out to 49ft where there was a small pack of boats and stayed there the rest of the day.

Got the first one in the boat in a couple minutes, and the bite was fairly steady after that, but other than a brief period around 11 when it really turned on for about 20 minutes it was slowish.

Got a few dinks but also some jumbos. I landed my personal best, I'd guess 14 maybe even 15 inches. I'm sure my wife would tell me it was less though :)

In the end we got 74 when we pulled up anchor at 1pm. 10 and a quarter pounds filleted and I was happy to pay to get them cleaned for me. Fellow un town did them for us in an hour... I'd still be at it!

The minnows were big so we cut them into threes and even fours. I tried an eyeball for a while but got no takers. Put a couple of the smaller minnows on whole which was no better or worse than cut.

Will likely head back out tomorrow morning... wife and mother in law have both granted permission :)

Last edited:
Went out this morning around 7:30am with my father in-law. Put in at Big otter, but had to stop at bradfields for minnows on the way out.

Kinda bumpy on the ride out. We set up at 42 ft, just a little east, but not as far as where the silver barn was. No bites so we moved out to 49ft where there was a small pack of boats and stayed there the rest of the day.

Got the first one in the boat in a couple minutes, and the bite was fairly steady after that, but other than a brief period around 11 when it really turned on for about 20 minutes it was slowish.

Got a few dinks but also some jumbos. I landed my personal best, I'd guess 14 maybe even 15 inches. I'm sure my wife would tell me it was less though :)

In the end we got 74 when we pulled up anchor at 1pm. 10 and a quarter pounds filleted and I was happy to pay to get them cleaned for me. Fellow un town did them for us in an hour... I'd still be at it!

The minnows were big so we cut them into threes and even fours. I tried an eyeball for a while but got no takers. Put a couple of the smaller minnows on whole which was no better or worse than cut.

Will likely head back out tomorrow morning... wife and mother in law have both granted permission :)
LOL Arawak,I`d guess 14 maybe even 15 inches.I`m sure my wife would tell me it was less though. TOO FUNNY!!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks