Search results

1. J

Fishing Report Inner bay bass pike perch

Started at 7am. First pike spot was on fire . Went 6 for 7 on gators. Biggest being 36" . Rest were between 27 and 31". Kept 3 for freezer ( one was badly hooked ). Best presentation was large minnow immatations. White and perch color were Best. Moved on the minnow dunkers in front of Collins...
  2. J

Fishing Report Inner bay bass

Well I heard we aren't allowed to post bass reports anymore but I feel its fitting with all the ruffled feathers. Took the young lad( 4 years old ) out from st Williams at 6pm. Fished 2 hrs Went to the secret spot.!!!!! Bite was a bit slower than usual but still ended up with about 20. Young...
  3. J

Off Topic Animal identification??

Captured a couple of blurry pics on my game.cam the other night. Norfolk County. Can't seem to get a common answer on this. Time was around 630am . Dense bush. Tracks in area are scatterd and not much help. . There are 2 raccoons on the tree and the mystery animal appears to ne chasing the...
  4. J

Day # 2 inner bay bass

Things started much slower his morning. Picked off a few here and there . The majority of the smallmouth have left the inner bay already. Few here and there. Changed locations and it got better . Water temp is 73.to 74. Lots of largemouth around. Fished 6am to 10am. 25 bass...
  5. J

Fishing Report Creek specks/browns

Rain gave away to sunshine this afternoon and the bite turned on. Creek was high but clear and no traffic at all. Started slow but finished great. Kept a 12 incher for the pan tonight rest went back. Count 4 specks , 2 browns and complete surprise/fluke largemouth bass that decided it...
  6. J

Fishing Report Trout opener on fire

Started slow and wet but finished fast and even wetter! Fished a few local creeks from 630am to 8am. Water is high and starting to get murky but the trout were on the feed. A couple nice browns interrupted my search for a couple lunch specks but found some after. Caught about a dozen, kept...
  7. J

Fishing Report Topwater walleye

Well, not something you see or catch everyday. A walleye on a topwater Berkeley choppo. Small northern Ontario lake near sudbury. Fishing has been outstanding for walleye/pickerel, smallmouth , jumbo perch and pike. Can't believe how shallow the walleye have been feeding. Biggest smallmouth...
  8. J

Crappie day inner bay

Pulled up on one of our favorite bass spots only to find a school of hungry crappie. Bit choppy this morning but wind died down a bit late morning. Took a bit to find the bass but we ended up with about a dozen . Biggest 2 were 17 inches or so. Water is low and 74 this morning. All fish came...
  9. J

Fishing Report Bass opener day # 2

On the water by 530 off by 8am. Wind picked up and was a bit choppy but fishable. Bass still harder to come. by as usual , but still ended up with 9 and one giant I decided to live release beside the boat for no reason LOL....they seem very scattered except for small school I found which was...
  10. J

Fishing Report Inner bay bass

Out early before the zoo, limit by 630am. Mix of smallies and largemouth. Found a school of hungry jumbo perch as well. Seems like alot of the bigger smallies have already left for deeper water despite water Temps being normal. Maybe the low water level? Finished with about 30 bass , 2 pike...
  11. J

Fishing Report Successful opener

Hit the creeks early 6am ish. Water was high and clear . No browns but connected with some beautiful specks. Biggest was a hair under 14". Lots around 10 to 11. Kept one for the pan. Didn't even see another person, drive by big creek and it was a zoo. People lined up elbow to elbow!!!
  12. J

Fishing Report St Williams feb 1.

Slow start only one keeper. Decided to head west and the crack. Hit the jackpot. Noce weedbed loaded with perch. Always 5 or 5 around hole then rhe night boys would come. 2 guys, ended with 65 keepers and another 50 throw backs. Biggest was 14 inch. Action went dead as Mr gator showed up ...
  13. J

Fishing Report Inland pike and crappie

Went down to the bay today for a look, very busy and no parking . Lots of walkers and hut didn't see any atvs or sleds yet. Grabbed some minnows and headed back Inland. Slow bite but manged a couple crappie and an nice eater pike. Beautiful day in the sun and no wind.
  14. J

Fishing Report Rainbows on fire

Fished 9am till noon.. river was quite clear despite the rain last night . All traditional presentations didn't work so experimented and was rewarded. Caught 8, landed 6 , kept 2 of the smallest which were 5.9 and 6.1. One for the smoker one for the BBQ tonight. Also one smaller 12 8jch brown...
  15. J

Fishing Report Crappie on topwater

A first for me, have caught every kind of fish on a topwater before but a crappie. That changed last night as the crappie were slamming anything and everything including topwater bass baits. Nothing huge but 8 or 10 about that size and a few bass to go along with it .
  16. J

Inner bass bass round # 2

Out by 7am , in by 10am. Went after shallow water largies this morning and was not disappointed. Lost count around 30 or so but lots of smaller bass ( 10 to 12 inch) mixed in. Some nice ones with biggest being 3.4 . Bonus 5 pound pile for dinner. Tucked in tight to weeds. Everything was...
  17. J

Fishing Report Inner bay bass/pike

Fished 7 to 12pm... caught 35 or so bass and a few big bonus pike. Window from 7am to 9 was best.... mix of smallies and largies.. all fish came from a 1000 foot radius. Kept 2 bass and 4 pike for freezer. Lots of other boars nearby getting some as well. Biggest was 4.4 smallie. Average size...
  18. J

Off Topic Outdrive repair

Hi guys,/gals asking for a friend who got the shaft. .he bought a 22 foor boat at the end of last seaosn and finally got to put it in the water this week. Outdrive making horrible noise ms and needs a rebuild or repair. He hasn't been able to fund anyone local ( norfolk County) that does this...
  19. J

Local crappie..

Took kids out for some local tiny lake fishing... the crappie were in thick and very aggressive.....until a pike about 30 inches or so decided so swim by and spook everything. After that was just bluegill and incidental largemouths... Nice day to be out, low wind. Water is 62 and holding...
  20. J

Fishing Report Specks finally!

Fished some small creeks around norfolk yesterday in search of some specks. All browns ...even in my usual spots. Its like they have taken over. We never had browns like that before here. Switched tactics and spots and was rewarded this morning with a few decent size specks and the odd brown...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks