Fishing Report Crappie on topwater

jerk bait

A first for me, have caught every kind of fish on a topwater before but a crappie. That changed last night as the crappie were slamming anything and everything including topwater bass baits.
Nothing huge but 8 or 10 about that size and a few bass to go along with it .

Attachments

• 20210927_185915.jpg
    20210927_185915.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 99
A first for me, have caught every kind of fish on a topwater before but a crappie. That changed last night as the crappie were slamming anything and everything including topwater bass baits.
Nothing huge but 8 or 10 about that size and a few bass to go along with it .
What body of water were you fishing

That would be a cool experience, have had many hit floats in the past and have many take jogs inches under the float but have never had top water baits in my arsenal to try nor ever thought of it. This will be on my bucket list to try next spring or possibly even this fall

That would be a cool experience, have had many hit floats in the past and have many take jogs inches under the float but have never had top water baits in my arsenal to try nor ever thought of it. This will be on my bucket list to try next spring or possibly even this fall
Was a surprise for sure. They were literally jumping out of the water after it same as a bass.

Funny, I have that exact pattern of skitter pop and can't count how many crappie it took for me too. Only that lure though in particular for crappie on the surface lol. Its a largie killer for sure if you have some open water...

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks