Inner bass bass round # 2

jerk bait

Out by 7am , in by 10am. Went after shallow water largies this morning and was not disappointed. Lost count around 30 or so but lots of smaller bass ( 10 to 12 inch) mixed in. Some nice ones with biggest being 3.4 . Bonus 5 pound pile for dinner. Tucked in tight to weeds. Everything was working but best was a wacky rigged Berkeley general. Water was rough off shore . Crappy minn kota trolling motor was acting up as usual so stayed close. Run into a Karen at booths this morning who didn't like the parking situation. I Parked in front of my boat and apparently that was his spot yesterday. He had a mini meltdown said he needed to get his boat and couldn't park 8 feet away. In the next spot. He bravely said "he will block me in" ...LOL after asking him how did he think that would turn out , he glared at my lifted heavy duty 4x4 and cowered away....takes all kinds of entitled karens to make the fishing world go around ...

Karen Intensifies GIF by MOODMAN

When as a society did we forget how to peacefully coexist...

People never cease to amaze me. I drive a large pick up as well. Always getting grief from idiots who can't park a Yaris. Shake my head and walk away. Blow some coal on them and go on with my day. They have the rest of their lives to get over it.

Sounds like you had a good few hours of fishing. I chickened out and stayed on land.

Its sad that even at the local marina just trying to fish there are others pushing their ridiculous behavior on others... 8 remained as calm as I could LOL...
People never cease to amaze me. I drive a large pick up as well. Always getting grief from idiots who can't park a Yaris. Shake my head and walk away. Blow some coal on them and go on with my day. They have the rest of their lives to get over it.

Sounds like you had a good few hours of fishing. I chickened out and stayed on land.
Yes absolutely. Remained as calm as I could...lol...10 years ago would be a different story but I just wanted to go fishing and not deal with Karen( Kevin) I was unaware there was dedicated unposted parking regulations at the marina!! Glad I keep a tow chain in the back !!! Forfot to mention huge mud line out there now... if your going out look for the clearer or slightly stained water...

Out by 7am , in by 10am. Went after shallow water largies this morning and was not disappointed. Lost count around 30 or so but lots of smaller bass ( 10 to 12 inch) mixed in. Some nice ones with biggest being 3.4 . Bonus 5 pound pile for dinner. Tucked in tight to weeds. Everything was working but best was a wacky rigged Berkeley general. Water was rough off shore . Crappy minn kota trolling motor was acting up as usual so stayed close. Run into a Karen at booths this morning who didn't like the parking situation. I Parked in front of my boat and apparently that was his spot yesterday. He had a mini meltdown said he needed to get his boat and couldn't park 8 feet away. In the next spot. He bravely said "he will block me in" ...LOL after asking him how did he think that would turn out , he glared at my lifted heavy duty 4x4 and cowered away....takes all kinds of entitled karens to make the fishing world go around ...
Was that you that came into the channel right up by the causeway?

Was that you that came into the channel right up by the causeway?
Any luck bass fishing today @Derkd9 if by chance that you did go out? 🤔 Thanks in advance,and I will be fishing for smallmouth & largemouth bass through this coming week on long point bay & who knows,maybe we will “meet up”somewhere for the first time out on the inner bay. 🚤🎣🐟😉👍🙂

Last edited:
We plan on running the bait island drift mid day them move out to the North channel if the boat traffic is not to bad. New boat for me this year and need to figure out how it reacts in the wind.

Yesterday going out the channel at my buddies in Long Point. Drunk Karen says I need to slow down. GPS says 3.7 mph trim tabs down. (Think her knick name is TITS) . No wake at all. This morning I go by she's on her phone and doesn't say a thing. 3.9 mph. Ethier sober or her friend wasn't there to impress. Thinks she owns the channel. What a cee u next Tuesday.

I drifted bait Island for an hour this morning. Didn’t think the weather would allow fishing but looked at the cams and talked my self into it. Piss poor judgement again. It’s one thing to have poor judgment when your sitting by the channel it’s another thing when it’s an hours drive away. But I digress. I caught the usual bunch of sunfish and rockbass and had 2 smallies break me off. Another guy had 5 outa there earlier than my start. I think they are scattered everywhere after the blow of last couple of days. Probably take a few days to settle down. Good luck if you get out.

Rick

I got half way to bait and turned back and decided to go for largies...just wasn't worth the wet or pounding !! Did see a few boats out there tho but looked like they didn't stay long...will try tomorrow again ans see...hoepfully Karen doesn't show...

Any luck bass fishing today @Derkd9 if by chance that you did go out? 🤔 Thanks in advance,and I will be fishing for smallmouth & largemouth bass through this coming week on long point bay & who knows,maybe we will “meet up”somewhere for the first time out on the inner bay. 🚤🎣🐟😉👍🙂
I stayed on land
Just went out for an hour or so poked around some weeds didn’t catch anything looks fairly calm so I zipped out to ec10
Was there for about 20min and the wind picked up and the white caps started forming so I pulled them in and came back to the boat house.
Weather looks decent tomorrow morning so I’ll be getting out in the a.m

Last edited:
I stand on land
Just went out for an hour or so poked around some weeds didn’t catch anything looks fairly calm so I zipped out to ec10
Was there for about 20min and the wind picked up and the white caps started forming so I pulled them in and came back to the boat house.
Weather looks decent tomorrow morning so I’ll be getting out in the a.m
Thanks @Derkd9 for your response back & good luck tomorrow in the a.m. and Bass ON!! 👊👊🚤🎣🐟😉👍🙂

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks