Fishing Report Specks finally!

jerk bait

Fished some small creeks around norfolk yesterday in search of some specks. All browns ...even in my usual spots. Its like they have taken over. We never had browns like that before here. Switched tactics and spots and was rewarded this morning with a few decent size specks and the odd brown mixed in. Some of the big browns are very vary from the pressure yesterday. Tried one last spot and nailed a absolute beauty speck about 15 inch. Released for another day. Kept 2 small ones ( one specks and one brown ) that were badly hooked for a snack . Was very encouraging to see a young man about 11 or 12 out there by himself fishing the creeks. He said he would rather be out there instead of playing video games. I set him up with some new spinners and imitation eggs and he was tickled... water is low and clear.

Attachments

• 20210425_104517.jpg
    20210425_104517.jpg
    373.9 KB · Views: 118
Great you hooked the kid up. I used to ride my bike all over fishing and had fun only meet a few old guys at the Mount Pleasant trout ponds that would give me tips. Stream fishing we just struggled away. Can Spooky Hollow still be fished?

Great you hooked the kid up. I used to ride my bike all over fishing and had fun only meet a few old guys at the Mount Pleasant trout ponds that would give me tips. Stream fishing we just struggled away. Can Spooky Hollow still be fished?
Haven't fishing spooky hollow for many years . There were a few tiny channels that held specks years ago. Might be interesting to check out .

I had no idea we had specks down here, I spent almost a decade in SSM and loved the Speck fishing. Once caught a 5lber, which was unheard of up there.

I had no idea we had specks down here, I spent almost a decade in SSM and loved the Speck fishing. Once caught a 5lber, which was unheard of up there.
Used to be some excellent speck fishing. Norfolk has some cold clear creeks. They are still around but the browns have seemingly pushed out the specks . Never remember seeing so many browns around. We used to get all specks with the occasional rainbow but now its 90 percent browns..

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks