Fishing Report Rainbows on fire

jerk bait

Fished 9am till noon.. river was quite clear despite the rain last night . All traditional presentations didn't work so experimented and was rewarded. Caught 8, landed 6 , kept 2 of the smallest which were 5.9 and 6.1. One for the smoker one for the BBQ tonight.
Also one smaller 12 8jch brown mixed in.

Attachments

• 20211112_115550.jpg
    20211112_115550.jpg
    699 KB · Views: 99
Fished 9am till noon.. river was quite clear despite the rain last night . All traditional presentations didn't work so experimented and was rewarded. Caught 8, landed 6 , kept 2 of the smallest which were 5.9 and 6.1. One for the smoker one for the BBQ tonight.
Also one smaller 12 8jch brown mixed in.

Nice day, I remember back in the day swinging "Hot Shots", "Kwikfish", "Flat fish" and spinners was a traditional method of getting steel to bite, these methods don't seem to be used as much today with all the float fishing being done. If the trouties are not hitting float fishing methods switching to different methods can turn a crap day into a great day.

Up until the rains I was out each day this week. Plugs are almost all I use,, love the take and most days I outdo the floatrod 2-1 easy. Trick is to swing them SLOW. Like painfully slow and if theres fish in the pool they'll take. Heres one from other day I got a pic of

Attachments

• 20211110_091804~3.jpg
    20211110_091804~3.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 62
I still have the hot shots and Kwikfish from years back. A great technique if others are not fishing around you . Mid week up along the bay was the only time weekends to many people. Now I need to find a few spots around this area to try in the week.

Not into wading rivers, but OK fishing surf and piers. Water was Tim's double double, and winds were "gales of November". Hope to have better luck when the weather calms down and the river clears up.

The river here has been the color of the inside of a toilet bowl after 2 weeks in Cuba

Up until the rains I was out each day this week. Plugs are almost all I use,, love the take and most days I outdo the floatrod 2-1 easy. Trick is to swing them SLOW. Like painfully slow and if theres fish in the pool they'll take. Heres one from other day I got a pic of
Very nice !!! Yes plugs are way more exciting in my opinion but that's the ex bass tournament guy in me . Iam primarily a spinner guy in the creeks but that day you had to have a plug . The center pin sure turned their heads when the score was 7 to 0 !!...back at it Tuesday.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks