Off Topic Outdrive repair

jerk bait

Hi guys,/gals asking for a friend who got the shaft.
.he bought a 22 foor boat at the end of last seaosn and finally got to put it in the water this week. Outdrive making horrible noise ms and needs a rebuild or repair. He hasn't been able to fund anyone local ( norfolk County) that does this work. Closest place was Toronto he says. That doesn't seem right with the amount of bigger boats around here .
Anyone had any outdrive work done around here ??

Lee wright in Norwich great mechanic.
Luken Marine Light house cove has rebuilt outdrives in stock. just drive down and pickup. Check out their website for pricing. Hope this helps.

I have seen outdrives at Ralph's and he has a massive hang on go fast boat himself.
Worth calling.

Ralph Performance
1439 stoney creek rd
Caledonia
905 541 7075

Don Hyde Marine in Hagersville did a great job piecing my outdrive back together two years ago after I let me daughter drive my boat and she tried to jump a shoal in Georgian Bay. Fantastic service!

Ditto on Luken, they have lots sitting on skids waiting for a home. Or they will likely rebuild yours.
What drive is it an Alpha one?

Hi guys,/gals asking for a friend who got the shaft.
.he bought a 22 foor boat at the end of last seaosn and finally got to put it in the water this week. Outdrive making horrible noise ms and needs a rebuild or repair. He hasn't been able to fund anyone local ( norfolk County) that does this work. Closest place was Toronto he says. That doesn't seem right with the amount of bigger boats around here .
Anyone had any outdrive work done around here ??
Gimbal bearing replacement probably. Kraft in port franks very good marine mechanic.

Randy at Post's Marine or Jones Marine in Tillsonburg . Has your buddy checked the fluid level in the gear case ? Or any other points that require greasing ?

So an update. He ran it with no oil. Gear case is pretty much toast. Parts would be more a used unit. Marine shop in tillbury has a rebuilt unit that I suspect he will purchase. Thanks for all the input. Much appreciated

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks