Search results

1. quackers

Fishing Report LPB today

Fished from 9:30-3. Cool, some rain, moderately windy. Bite wasn't real aggressive other than the dinks. Kept 21. Still good to get out. Tomorrow looks nicer, I'll be chasing Woodcock then with the dogs. The S.S. Tailfeathers was the last boat out there when we left.
  2. quackers

Fishing Report Every Day I'm Shufflin'...at Burwell

Headed out SW to last time's points. About 6-8 miles west of due south of Port. Started in 59' out to 63'. Same program as last time single rigger down 55', 4 x dispeys #1's, 140 back on a 1 setting and 180 back on 3. Ran a deep diver with a 3oz snap wt that caught one fish about 3lb. Dispeys...
  3. quackers

Fishing Report Burwell Today, 19th

Did the mid-day shift, lines in by 10am, slow ride out to 57' about 3 miles west and headed SW to 61-63'. All the decent marks were below 45', which was where I was marking the thermocline intermittently. Downrigger at 52' and #1 dipseys on 3 back 180', on 1 back 130'. Orange and Orange Crush...
  4. quackers

Sold Motor Guide XI5 Wireless Freshwater 105LB 60"-REDUCED AGAIN $2000

I purchased this from A.O. end of June last year as my Ulterra needed a motherboard replaced and I didn't want to be down for the summer as there was no eta on the parts. I ended up getting the Ulterra back in mid August so this is up for sale. Includes wired for a 3 point plug and includes the...
  5. quackers

Fishing Report "Cabbage Dragon" in Toronto Harbour...

Not my fishing report. Nice to see. https://www.blogto.com/city/2022/11/ultra-rare-cabbage-dragon-toronto-harbour/
  6. quackers

Fishing Report Fall Bassin'

Took the young lads out today for a first attempt at Fall Bass on the Bay. What a great day! I was going to put the boat away next weekend...🤔 Only 1 little guy...
  7. quackers

Fishing Report Good Day on the Bay

Fished out of Collins, first trip this fall from 11-4 today. 2 scoops of big minnows were lots. Cut them in 1/2 to cut down the theivery. Fished about a mile east of the pack. All sizes today but good numbers of 8-9" fish and 14 or so 11-12". Brought home about 50. 4lb 13oz of fillets They...
  8. quackers

Off Topic Yaleye Hooligan Dive Chart?

Flatlining Hooligans on Sunday 200' back from an inline planer were getting hit regularly. More fun than cranking leadcore! The packaging says will run 27' down 200' back. Has anyone seen a dive chart for these? With snap weights they should cover most practical Erie depths. Thanks for any info.
  9. quackers

Fishing Report Collin's Harbour Closed for the (ice fishing) Season?

There was no one in the office this morning and I talked the owner? I presume when we left. He said they were closed as of today. I thought there might be a post on here by now, but if you're heading down tomorrow you'll need another access point. The ice at the bottom of the boat ramp was...
  10. quackers

Fishing Report Monday July 26th Afternoon-Burwell

Fished about 1-7 yesterday afternoon with a couple friends. I think we passed Jammer heading in on the way out. The pic's seemed scattered, started about 54' and headed out to 61'. Ended up with 10 walleye and 5 nice bows in the 4-5lb range, released some 12-13" walleye. Most were deep 8-10...
  11. quackers

Kipawa "Blue" Walleye

Spent a week in July at Grindstone Lake. All the walleye we caught had this blue pigment in their slime and on their skin/fins. They also had relatively bigger looking eyes then the Erie strain for the size of the fish. Lots of under slot Fish, 40-50 a day. Enough in the slot for a few fish...
  12. quackers

Silver Bass? Hybrid?

Any thoughts on what this is? I assume it's a silver Bass, just haven't seen one this color and kind of an odd body shape.
  13. quackers

Low Tech Rod Storage Solutions

My better 1/2 was starting to think the rod #'s were getting excessive. Looks like fewer this way than all piled in a corner :):). Berkley rod holders, 3" nails and rod butlers.. .
  14. quackers

Burwell Today

Spent 6 hrs trolling today, E,W,N,S. No real concentrations of fish. Picked away at a 3 "person" limit.. From 38-52'.Good avg size. Pink/purple copper backed on dipseys was the best, running down 20-25'. Thermocline looks to be setting up around 20-25'. Also 1 nice perch, possibly a peacock...
  15. quackers

Boat Sunk out of Burwell Today

Heard that a boat went down out of Burwell today. The 2 occupants apparently made it to shore. The boat didn't. Must've been rough out there today. I don't know exactly where.
  16. quackers

Trolling Goderich Advice?

Planning to head to Goderich tomorrow to troll. Hoping to find Lakers and 'Bows. Haven't been before. Any advice on depths, lures and presentations appreciated. Thanks!
  17. quackers

Hello Kitty.....

The troll was slow yesterday, so we switched to perch about noon. Was a steady bite until it turned right off. A minute later Kenny latched onto something that at first felt like the anchor, then moved. Was a 15 minute battle on the ultralight spinner. A couple oz under 18lb on the Berkley...
  18. quackers

Commercial Perch Catches?

I've been wondering for a couple of years why the commercial guys are out so early in the season? The fish this time of year are full of spawn and milt and don't have near the flesh that they do in June and July. I assume their quota's are in pounds of fish caught and I'd think they'd have a...
  19. quackers

Perchin' Tomorrow

Gonna head out of Burwell tomorrow and see what's around for perch. Wind looks good for a run at this point. Will post up results. They should be out there somewhere.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks