Search results

1. Mickey Finn

Off Topic Humminbird Helix 7 Issue

I'm hoping somebody on the site can help me solve an issue I'm having with my unit. Several weeks ago I was fishing on the French River with the Channel 68 moderator when my finder went from fishing in 40ft of water to 1,200 ft. For the next few days I got these kind of depths when I knew we...
  2. Mickey Finn

Off Topic Skeg Repair

While up at the French River fishing with Stomp & a few friends we clipped a rock pile coming back in the evening. I took about 3 inches off the skeg. The prop & the bullet (that houses the gears in the lower unit were spared). Does anybody know a good place in the London area that does skeg...
  3. Mickey Finn

Fishing Report Port Glasgow Today

@crappiequeen & I set out for what might be our last trip this year to Port Glasgow.. Started out kind of slow but after talking to @Wave Runner & @scrimmy decided to go out deep. Once we got to 70 ft we started banging off fish. Smalls ones to start but then got into some nice eaters. Got our...
  4. Mickey Finn

Fishing Report Today at Port Glasgow

My company was late showing up today, so we did not get on the water til almost 09:00 AM. Fished until 1:30. Kept 10 Walleye & 1 Bow. Discarded 3 farm animals. Had a screamer hit the Dipsy & ran for a while but was lost. Fished 68 -72 fow. Purple Boxer Briefs, Blueberry Muffin & Greasy Chicken...
  5. Mickey Finn

3 Day Trip to Pigeon Lake For Muskie

Myself & 3 others made the trek up to Pigeon Lake on June 8th. We had a mixed bag of sun, rain, wind & calm waters packed into the 3 days. Caught a grand total of 5 Muskies, 1 Walleye (within the slot limit) & 1 Largemouth Bass that of course went back. Here are a few pictures of our catches. 2...
  6. Mickey Finn

Port Franks Today

Launched out of Port Franks at 8:00 this morning. Went out to 40 feet & set up. Water was flat most of the morning. Had a 5lb Chinook on before I had all the rods in the water. 10 mins later a small Coho. It was probably 2 hours before the next fish about a 4lb Coho. Lost a 4th one trolling...
  7. Mickey Finn

Where Are The Rainbows At Port Glasgow

The @crappiequeen & I are heading out Thursday in search of Rainbows & Walleye. It seems the Walleye are everywhere, but the Rainbows seem to be more elusive from recent posts. Any suggestions where we might find them & what depth to fish them? We were going to go for Rainbows for the 1st couple...
  8. Mickey Finn

Not Quite Sure

Hi Guys... Just a question about what I have here. I thought we had 5 Bows but the 2nd one from the top does not look quite the same. Is it possibly a Coho?
  9. Mickey Finn

Off Topic

Woke up this morning & found strange tracks in the yard leading into the forest. Anybody have any idea what these could be. No Yeti replies please... :)
  10. Mickey Finn

Cabin Fever

This is what happens when it's too warm to Icefish & too cold to take the Boat out.
  11. Mickey Finn

Off Topic Lake Nipissing Nortwest Bay

Heading to Lake Nipissing this Saturday with @crappiequeen for a week of fishing. Staying at a place called Deluxe Camps in an area called Northwest Bay. It's been almost 20 years since I last fished Lake Nipissing. Does anyone have any experience fishing the area? Will be primarily targeting...
  12. Mickey Finn

Off Topic Repack/Replace Trailer Wheel Bearings

I'm wondering how often you should have the bearings repacked on a Boat Trailer...I always use Bearing Buddies but am curious on how often you repack or replace the bearings on your Trailer.
  13. Mickey Finn

Muskie Fishing on Lake St. Clair

The @crappiequeen & I are heading to Belle River on Lake St Clair this Thursday for a couple of days. I've never fished St. Clair this late in the summer. Normally I get out earlier & fish 'The Hump' straight out from the Belle River Marina. Any suggestions for location, patterns etc.. at this...
  14. Mickey Finn

Muskie Attack on Lake St. Clair

Came across this article yesterday. Caught my eye as @crappiequeen & I are headed to Lake St. Clair next week. https://windsor.ctvnews.ca/windsor-ironman-triathlete-recounts-mistaken-muskie-attack-in-lake-st-clair-1.5549178
  15. Mickey Finn

Mystery Fish

My granddaughter & I were fishing in my pond today & caught this. Can anyone identify this fish?
  16. Mickey Finn

Port Franks Conservation Area Boat Launch Open??

Hi there... Was wondering since the Bluewater Anglers Derby has been cancelled, is the Port Franks Boat Launch open? I know it used to be free up until the May long weekend but have not been there for a couple of years.
  17. Mickey Finn

Can You Say Bacooon!!!

Saw this guy wandering in a field just off Hyde Park Rd & 14th line between Ilderton & Lucan. Had to be over 500lbs. I suspect somebody lost their pet....
  18. Mickey Finn

Off Topic: Look What I Found

Too windy to fish lately so was on the golf course looking for my golf ball in the woods & found this....
  19. Mickey Finn

Off Topic...Losing Dipsy Divers

Guys (and gals).... For some reason of late, I'm breaking off Dipsy Divers. I'm using 30 lb braid on an 11 ft Dipsy Rod. This summer I have snapped off 3 of them! First thing I did was put on fresh braid. I talked to the guys at Angling Sports in London. They told me to take a Q-tip & check...
  20. Mickey Finn

Fishing Report Fishing Kettle Point on Lake Huron

Fished the outer reef at Kettle Point today with @crappy queen. 1st 10 mins we had 2 knockoffs. Nothing to show. An hour later bagged an 11lb Laker. The @crappy queen refused to bring the camera out for a Laker. I was quite insulted but he is going in the Smoker tomorrow. :cool: 1 more knockoff...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks