Off Topic: Look What I Found

Mickey Finn

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Too windy to fish lately so was on the golf course looking for my golf ball in the woods & found this....

Attachments

• IMG_3155.JPG
    IMG_3155.JPG
    173.2 KB · Views: 169
This is the 3rd one I have found this year (I hit the ball in the woods a lot) but the previous 2 were softball size...
This thing was a monster...Cut it open & it was perfect..Been eating a lot of mushroom this week...Ended up cutting a lot of it up, frying it & freezing it.

Have had a couple in my front lawn this summer thought that was odd,
There was two more starting a few days ago but just cut the grass this morning they be gone now

been checking a couple spots for shaggies after the rains we been getting----nada but soon I hope

That looked like the Mother of all Puffballs ! Some years I find some on the farm and usually in the same area. I've been encouraging Shaggy Manes on the lawn around the house and expect a good feed this year . Didn't see any Morels this Spring but those are the only three wild mushrooms I know are 100 percent safe to eat but see all kinds of other ones back in the woods but dare not touch.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks