Muskie Attack on Lake St. Clair

Mickey Finn

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Came across this article yesterday.
Caught my eye as @crappiequeen & I are headed to Lake St. Clair next week.

Wow that sure would have been very scary. I remember many years ago on Pigon Lake a lady was walking her small dog near the water and I told her don't let your dog go in the water as there was a big Musky around and needless to say she didn't listen to me and a few moments later dog in water and then dog gone.

Told my old neighbor not to let her cat out as there were owls . She said her cat would not hurt the owls. I informed her it was the other way around , she scoffed. The cat didn't last.

Since me & the Mrs are headed to Lake St. Clair next week, any tips for fishing Muskie at this time of the year?
We will be launching/mooring the Mickey Finn at the Belle River Marina.

The musky I caught on pigeon lake years ago was with a 3” white twister tail with white jig head
Cast from shore at about 1:30am after drinking by the fire most of the night

the thing smashed it the second it hit the water… it may not of even hit the water is how fast it happened..
must of pissed it off cast it right on top of its head.

Our daughter has a chihuahua 🐶 & every time she lets it out in her backyard for the dogs washroom break,she has to stay with her dog,because apparently a raptor 🦅 of some kind,came swooping down one day to try to grab it for a meal!!

Same thing just happened just outside of Winnipeg on July 30.
I have the article but just dont know how to post it.
The Muskie in Winnipeg did a little more damage

Went to a party in Campbellville and they had 2 tiny jack russels and a big property backing onto tall woods... Just saw the shadow swoop over head… heard a “smack” and the little jack russel flew over the tree-tops.. yapping all the way. Kids at party did need some “TLC” from the moms that day..

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks