Off Topic

Mickey Finn

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Woke up this morning & found strange tracks in the yard leading into the forest.
Anybody have any idea what these could be.
No Yeti replies please... :)

Attachments

• January 2022-00904.jpg
    January 2022-00904.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 200
  • January 2022-00898.jpg
    January 2022-00898.jpg
    358.4 KB · Views: 191
that there looks like a buck track , but he seems to be missing a nail on the back of his foot, looks also to be a lazy walker by dragging his foot,
or could be a doe with extra nail. Deer track is what i see.

Tracks in the middle appear to be squirrel and those to the left look more like rabbit.

100% without a doubt they are not deer tracks. Nothing close to deer tracks at all with the size and spacing between each track.

I was thinking large rabbit
Be interesting to see some trail cam images if you capture anything on it

Did not capture anything on the cam last night...
Was really hoping I didn't see what @Wave Runner posted!!!
The prints were still preserved in the snow so I took a picture with a tape measure to gauge the size of the print.
Not sure if you can read the numbers on the tape measure but the print is over 24 inches long...
I guess some of it is not really part of the print but they are pretty big.

Attachments

• pic.JPG
    pic.JPG
    137 KB · Views: 35
Did not capture anything on the cam last night...
Was really hoping I didn't see what @Wave Runner posted!!!
The prints were still preserved in the snow so I took a picture with a tape measure to gauge the size of the print.
Not sure if you can read the numbers on the tape measure but the print is over 24 inches long...
I guess some of it is not really part of the print but they are pretty big.
That's exactly what a Jack Rabbit's print looks like when on the run Dereck especially in soft deep snow. :)

This video is not in snow but will give you a good idea in slow motion how those prints are made. Watch how the the front paws come down first then the big back paws coming down in front of them with each leap while on the run.

Last edited:
That's exactly what a Jack Rabbit's print looks like when on the run Dereck especially in soft deep snow. :)

This video is not in snow but will give you a good idea in slow motion how those prints are made. Watch how the the front paws come down first then the big back paws coming down in front of them with each leap while on the run.

Those are definitely not jackrabbit tracks in Mickey Fins yard. Nowhere close actually. ;)

I'll try (extremely sick right now) to get out today to snap some pics of jackrabbit tracks. We have a few jacks in the neighbourhood so we see new tracks almost daily. It's comical watching them during the "rut" when males fight over the female.

there's a bunch around my house ill snap a pic at lunch if they are still visible.. look very similar

Those are definitely not jackrabbit tracks in Mickey Fins yard. Nowhere close actually. ;)

I'll try (extremely sick right now) to get out today to snap some pics of jackrabbit tracks. We have a few jacks in the neighbourhood so we see new tracks almost daily. It's comical watching them during the "rut" when males fight over the female.
I hunted jack rabbits every winter for many years and probably had a thousand or more on the run during that time so I'm pretty sure I know a running jack track when I see it. LOL!

Hey @Mickey Finn be careful out there you just may have a Sasquatch after all. :LOL:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks