Search results

1. spincast

Off Topic Trackers

No, not the boat. Things that track the boat. Earlier this year, or maybe last year there was a thread on options for tracking boats if someone steals them, which seems to be a common practice. So anyway, I was chatting with my insurance folks earlier this week and apparently there is now a...
  2. spincast

Gotta love a sale

Went to the local zehrs looking for a pork roast. Lo and behold a great unadvertised sale. $5.67 for a beauty 4 rib roast. Meet My recipe
  3. spincast

Fishing Report Fisherman's pier to the cement factory

This time of year it's search for silver to smoke. After last week's blow I figured deep was the place to be. I actually planned to set up in 300 fow, but on the way out saw an awesome current break that ran for miles in 270 fow, so I set up there. Lots of bait in the flat zone but the marks...
  4. spincast

Time for something different

Got bored of the same old thing. Decided to break out the archives
  5. spincast

On sale, you say?

Zehrs has a great price on birds this week Spit to table. Dry rub accompanied by rice in stock and spices. As Martha would say.... and it was good.
  6. spincast

Burwell. First time this year

Can't believe it's the first time out of Burwell this year, but such is life sometimes Arrived later, waiting for the water to settle. Holy crap. I'm thinking a lot of people called sick today. The lot was stuffed. Guy says, how good are you at backing up? Well think needle, thread I says...
  7. spincast

The ugly butt

Shoulder, actually. Ignored and aging at the store it got awarded the 30% off sticker. Shoulder your way to the front of the class, butt, I love a discount. Overnight dry rub marinade in fajita seasonings, 4 hours in the smoker at 195 wrapped in tinfoil, 2 more at 275 exposed to the smoke...
  8. spincast

Fishing Report A good day for the Bayliner

Connected with my fishing partner for a day out of Glasgow. Forecasts said my 18-footer might be a bit uncomfortable so we took his 24-foot Bayliner. Good call. She was a lumpy one today, but the good-sized fish were ready to play. Threw back a couple too big, and a few too small and kept a box...
  9. spincast

A little bit of Italy

The other half wanted a Mediterranean cruise for her 60th last year. I'm like, Mediterranean cooking? Hell yeah. So many delightful, delicious dishes its gonna take years to revist. Today, I decided it was a good day to revist Tuscany, Florence in particular. On the coach on the drive...
  10. spincast

When there is just 2 of ya

Got this for fathers day. Excellent now there is just the two of us.. smoker or charcoal bbq. Tonight's BBQ chicken in harissa paste, onion powder, garlic powder paprika and q sauce was perfect.. combined with some fresh sweet corn and it almost makes up for not hitting the lake today.
  11. spincast

Bit of tail.

Not an overly productive day. Big bow and a small tic, both back at the bait buffet
  12. spincast

Fishing Report Pancake lake

Moon was pretty bright last night, followed by an essentially cloudless sky by 8:00 am, and no wind at all - lake was flat as a pancake. Wasn't really expecting much, but the image of the ramp provides at least 10 reasons I love spring fishing midweek. That would be the 10 other boats I don't...
  13. spincast

They're back

Lake O live
  14. spincast

Adam and me

Yes, it was the ribs that started it all. It's what she asked for on Mother's Day. Can't deny that request
  15. spincast

Off Topic No more ethanol free gas?

Getting ready for the first outing of the year, and figured I'd check before I made the trip to my local CTC for premium. In my googling, discovered that ethanol free is now banned at Ontario gas stations. Guess my subscription to Seafoam just doubled, as the price did, too. Glad I bought 10...
  16. spincast

Off Topic Saw this on a Lowrance Page

Updated the chip today and added my dispey diver charts. It worked - very cool. No more having to get the chart out and put to back. Im thinking doing the same with ownership, boat license and other assorted files.
  17. spincast

Off Topic Hot deal on drift sock

Kitchener location of Princess auto
  18. spincast

Christmas eve tradition

The daughter makes killer sushi
  19. spincast

Skip the delivery guys

Just put it together yourself
  20. spincast

May's Coho is October's go to

When ya can't fish..
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks