Fishing Report Pancake lake

spincast

Moon was pretty bright last night, followed by an essentially cloudless sky by 8:00 am, and no wind at all - lake was flat as a pancake. Wasn't really expecting much, but the image of the ramp provides at least 10 reasons I love spring fishing midweek. That would be the 10 other boats I don't have to lineup behind, 8 of whom have never been taught proper ramp etiquette - although I did bump into one or 2 on the way out. Hilarious to watch how some people load a boat,
Only one take today, but what a hit ! My rod and the Scotty holder went from loaded and behind the boat on the port side to released and at 90 degrees facing the starboard side in a split second. And then the line peeled. He was overtaking me, then turned and swam right at the boat, playing cat and mouse for what felt like an eternity - especially as I could see all of the lure - confirmed once he finally hit the net, only a single hook holding this spring maniac in place. A quick snap, torpedo release and he has gone. As the sun, and the temps climbed higher, the fish dug in. Good luck out there folks

Attachments

• 20230531_061556.jpg
    20230531_061556.jpg
    507.9 KB · Views: 107
  • 20230531_071126.jpg
    20230531_071126.jpg
    546.9 KB · Views: 108
  • botton huggers.jpg
    botton huggers.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 106
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks