Recent content by Gowiththefloat

1. G

Tecumseh Reef

We are also Planning to head out Sunday to Tecumseh in my blue gray princecraft 196. Launch is nice at Grand river marina and cafe but was hoping to launch at the public ramp because its so much faster to get on the lake. Maybe a dumb question but are the docks necessary for launch? Are there...
  2. G

Saturday Maitland

I also saw my boat's twin yesterday - a Princecraft 19'6 Super Pro in blue and gray. Funny how you buy a vehicle and suddenly you keep seeing the same one.
  3. G

Saturday Maitland

Lines down at 7.30am. Quiet for the first 20 mins and then the party started. Trolled in and out of varying depths near drop offs from 68 to 84fow. Screen was looking busy. Two rigger lines and a mini and number one dipsey out. All lures fired through the day. First hit on the blue and...
  4. G

Oh man....

Yep. That would be my plan. Looks ok on Windy app.
  5. G

Off Topic Boat cover needed

Check out Costco. Not sure if better than CT but they have 5 years warranty and Costco is great for returns.
  6. G

Missing boater

Whereabouts?
  7. G

Sunday?

Canada weather feed says less than half meter this morning for west lake O. Was thinking about doing the same. Could not find any company for today and prefer not being in rough water while alone.
  8. G

Walleye Report Port Maitland Aug16

Good report Farmer. I've been wanting to jig for them in the spring but hard to forgo the awesome salmon fishing around that time. Maybe I'll try before the end of the month
  9. G

Maitland 8. 4.

Lines in by 8am fished until noon. Two rigger and two braid dipsey lines . Started at 55 and trolled out to 68 marked a bunch of bait ended with 7 decent fish. Most caught on small dipsey with green harnesses (fire tiger and one other) and black white jointed rapala out 150 to 200 on setting 2...
  10. G

? Crystal beach?

Thanks guys. I don't get many chances to get out each year so this is very helpful info. Looks like we are going to head out of Maitland tomorrow due to chance of circumstances. Will let you know how it went for the other newbies and I ;{)
  11. G

? Crystal beach?

Hey thanks for responding. I was referring to Crystal beach specifically. Maybe my title is a little unclear with the question marks :) I'm just wondering how deep you need to get out for walleye this time of year on that end of the lake and if there is a general direction to head towards that...
  12. G

? Crystal beach?

Hoping to get out tomorrow morning. If anyone can give me some general direction I'd really appreciate it as I haven't fished that far east this year. You can private message me if preferred Thanks!
  13. G

Maitland Saturday

Thanks for the replies. we did go out Saturday evening. Took a while to drive out to Mohawk area but the waves were certainly manageable to troll in my 19'6. Unfortunately fishing was slow. Lots of marks on the screen but maybe we weren't getting the right speed or they were just off for some...
  14. G

Maitland Saturday

Hi guys based on your experience and the wind forecast for tomorrow afternoon do you think it's going to be nasty out of port Maitland?
  15. G

Maitland Saturday

Hi guys based on your experience and the wind forecast for tomorrow afternoon do you think it's going to be nasty out of port Maitland?
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks