Tecumseh Reef

reeltime

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
I have heard that this is one of many good bass spots on Erie...can anyone tell me the closest launch to go out from.

Not stepping on Chefboyardee - perhaps you have recently launched at Port Mailtand? - but I read a post recently that Port Maitland ramp - WEST side of the Grand is NOT open. The roads in the area were closed and I read they weren't opening anytime soon. Perhaps something has changed.

From Halidmand County Website:
Boat launches – Saturday, May 16, 2020

All public boat launches EXCEPT the Port Maitland West launch (accessed via the Esplanade) will be open for use starting this Saturday. Port Maitland West will not open until piers and beaches are open for normal public use. Docks will not be put in immediately as they require inspections and seasonal maintenance, which will take some time.

I would suggest calling Halidmand County and verify the launch is open - save you a wasted trip in the event.

Cheers - Balleye2

Fishmasters is open but have gone to a private yearly membership with no daily launches so it's not really an option unless you buy a membership.

After Saturdays heavy waves, can we expect the mud to be out that far as well? or would that reef be fishable 2 km off shore? The reels at Nanticoke as well is 6km off shore.

We are also Planning to head out Sunday to Tecumseh in my blue gray princecraft 196. Launch is nice at Grand river marina and cafe but was hoping to launch at the public ramp because its so much faster to get on the lake. Maybe a dumb question but are the docks necessary for launch? Are there absolutely no docks in or only missing the one that's parallel to the shore?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks