Search results

1. FisherPrice

Fishing Report LP - South Side - August 31

Tried the South side of the tip today...Not a breath of wind on top the Turkey Point hill at 6:00am , but that changed quickly!!!! Ran to the tip finding some nice 5+ foot waves building from the north-east. We curled around the point and settled into some calmer water on the south side. We...
  2. FisherPrice

Fishing Report LP Outer Bay - July 12th

A rough ride out of TP this AM with the east wind. Set up around 8:30 am in 50 FOW. 4 lead cores, 2 dipseys and 2 riggers down. Very slow start. Moved out to 65 FOW and started marking some fish. 3 bows, one coho and one lonely walleye for the mornings effort. Multiple fish lost, I am assuming...
  3. FisherPrice

Fishing Report Elbow - Friday June 30th

Made an early morning trip to the elbow. Started in 48' and went to 65'. 6 fish, all on one single rod. A greasy chicken wing NK28 on 6 lead core. We had lead, dipseys and riggers going... I guess they like what they like. The 10# brown was a beauty bonus.
  4. FisherPrice

LP Lighthouse - July 20th

Perhaps more than a report,..... I am looking for some direction on the first shakedown run of the year. Rainbows were on fire today. 50,60,70,80 to 100 FOW. Spoons, RRF's, and worm harnesses all produced an abundance of silver US stocked rainbows. Most had clipped fins. The spread had 4,5,7...
  5. FisherPrice

Longpoint July 18th

Set out at 7:00am with high hopes and a well seasoned crew. Loaded with lead core rods, dipsey setups , planner boards, riggers and multiple tackle box selections. A little bumpy going out but the lake flattened out quickly. Went south of the point, 2-3 miles west, and the graph was on fire...
  6. FisherPrice

Fishing Report St Williams - 2/26/2021.... Afternoon

Fast and furious bite this afternoon. 100 keepers iced after 2 hours between the two person crew . Most were 9" - 13" with couple hook swallowers mixed in. Honestly the best day I have ever had on LPB ice fishing in 20 years. There were a pile of small throw backs. Our key was to site fish...
  7. FisherPrice

Fishing Report LPB Lighthouse - Aug 22 - PM

Beach day today with the kids at the Lighthouse..... but I could not resist bringing the fishing gear along. Left the beach around 4:30pm ......... a 2 minute run out to 90' and we put out four rods. Two lead lines (4 and 7) and two riggers down 42' and 58'. Orange/Gold RRF and similar colored...
  8. FisherPrice

Elbow - August 8th

Hit the water early this am. Obvious East wind going out and I hoped the day was not going to be ruined because of it. Rods in before 7:00am. Long day as we ended at noon in flat but rolling sea's. 7 color lead core off the big boards did the trick. RRF in gold took 90% of the fish. 3 off the...
  9. FisherPrice

Fishing Report LP/Elbow - July 31st

Took out a good fishing buddy this aft. Left TP marina at 1:00pm , lines in a little after 1:30pm. East rollers heading out, but the lake laid down, dead flat in the afternoon. Very steady action for fish. Started in 40', trolled to 80' and quickly realized the fish were in shallow. Nothing...
  10. FisherPrice

Elbow - LP - July 25

I can say the Walleye are out at the elbow. 50' was better than 80'...... 27'- 35' down on a cannonball worked well along with 5 to 7 color lead. Silver bass and sheephead were beyond abundant. 2.6MPH produced fish, with a lot of junk fish., 3.0MPH managed nothing? Rippling redfins in gold...
  11. FisherPrice

North Shore Perch'in

Had the kids out for some minnow dunking this AM. Next to no wind so we just let the slow drift take us. 15 FOW, water surface temp 65 off TP. A few fat perch, enough for dinner, but certainly no records broken. Nothing else caught, not even small perch. The bite was on then instantly off. I...
  12. FisherPrice

LP Walleye - Launch Day

Dragged a couple lures for 45 minutes off the the boat this eve. It was launch day and most time spent was checking all the systems on board. With the boat in and running, I'm glad to report there are some walleye in the LP area. Sadly my fish finder has a a bum transducer so I can't supply the...
  13. FisherPrice

Fishing Report Sunday - Fun day

With being in hibernation over the past month, it was time to get up bright and early and hit a little known spot. Young #1 and myself hit the trail at 6 am. Shortly after young #1 reels in this, then another and proceeds to hook two more. Total landed, 2 for young #1 and 0 for me. One released...
  14. FisherPrice

Fishing Report Busy day - LP/Nanticoke

Headed out at 8:00am, with some sleepy little ones. They were still till trying to get up for the day but once the fish started to hit, they were all about reeling them in.:) Stopped at the elbow area....55' and trolled out to 90'. Fish were deep and the Furuno graph was on fire showing them...
  15. FisherPrice

Fishing Report LP August 5

Very steady action today. Managed a 24 in the box over a couple hours. Harnesses were the best but I don't think it really mattered.
  16. FisherPrice

Fishing Report Lighthouse - Saturday AM - Shakedown run

With potential rain in the forecast, we took a cautious early morning trip to the tip. Weather was good until 10:30, when we had to pull the pin and head for home. Started in 40' and trolled out to 100' and back into 47'. Riggers at 35' and 25', 4 lead cores 2-7 color and dispey's (3 setting...
  17. FisherPrice

Spring smelt netting

This topic seems to come up every year about this time. The talk of the good ole days (70's-80's) with guys on Turkey Point beach netting buckets of smelts. I have given this a meager attempt with a local group over the years. Very limited success, but always a fun night out given the...
  18. FisherPrice

St William's - Feb 22

Went out this am for a couple hours. SE from the lighthouse 1/2 mile. Seeing open water out 3/4 of a mile a week or two back, we stayed in relatively close. A solid 8" of ice everywhere we drilled. I wanted to venture further, but with a Quad pulling a hut, I thought that was a little too...
  19. FisherPrice

Fishing Report Nanticoke - August 31

Had a very late start on this holiday weekend. Boat in at 5:45 and rods out around 6:00 pm. Myself and another local doverite on board. Fished 2.5 hours, starting at 55'. Spoons and redfins did the work. A cannon ball at 40-42' was literally unstoppable. Bows and walleye. I realized tonight...
  20. FisherPrice

Fishing Report Elbow - Monday Evening

Took a northern buddy out for a fish near the Elbow this eve. The east wind was still manageable in the 20' skiff. 1' - 3' chop with the odd roller mixed in. All I can say is that it that the fish are still there. We caught 17 in two hours, releasing a few small ones. We started with four...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks