Fishing Report LPB Lighthouse - Aug 22 - PM

FisherPrice

Beach day today with the kids at the Lighthouse..... but I could not resist bringing the fishing gear along. Left the beach around 4:30pm ......... a 2 minute run out to 90' and we put out four rods. Two lead lines (4 and 7) and two riggers down 42' and 58'. Orange/Gold RRF and similar colored NK spoons. Fished for 15 minutes in the deep and then head west towards the shallower water. At 62 FOW everything started going off. A walleye on the 42' rigger, followed by a nice bow on the 58' and another walleye on the 7 color lead. The kids were sun bleached after 5 hours on the beach so we headed home with the gear already reeled in. Not bad for 35 minutes of trolling. Watch for nets as there are three sets strung from roughly 1.5 miles north of the tip in a line towards Port Dover.

Attachments

• IMG_8354.jpg
    IMG_8354.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_8349.jpg
    IMG_8349.jpg
    294.2 KB · Views: 122
Nets were roughly 80' and strung down that 80' transition line. Three sets all in a row that I saw, there could be more. Caught fish inside them (shallower) nothing out past them. Bait and hooks on the graph on both sides of the nets. Only thing I noted today was that a fast troll of 3+ MPH seemed to work.

Nice work fisherprice. thanks for the report.
We did the very same thing this morning and got none.
But I could not get my buddies boat to troll faster than 2. Without shooting over 3.5mph

I’ll get him to work on that.

lots of boats at that beach again today.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks