Fishing Report LP - South Side - August 31

FisherPrice

Tried the South side of the tip today...Not a breath of wind on top the Turkey Point hill at 6:00am , but that changed quickly!!!!

Ran to the tip finding some nice 5+ foot waves building from the north-east. We curled around the point and settled into some calmer water on the south side.

We set up in 58', with the graph literally on fire with fish. Running riggers and a spread of heavy leadcore's we got into a few fish. I managed to forget my one particular tackle box with the primary gear, so no dispsey divers in todays set up. I won't let that happen again:)

Not a fish on a RRF. Very odd. Several on NK's and similar green spoons. The winning ticket was my buddy's worm harness creation, with no worm.....Simply a Berkley power worm...I didn't bring any live bait so we were working with what we had.

Lots of cookie cutter fish caught out there. But that graph suggested lots of bigger fish were around, just not real interested. Perhaps the east wind? Perhaps the full moon last night? In any case, some dinner was caught.

Graph was dead inside of 50' and out past 70'. When it lit up in 58-60, fish were there.

Attachments

• IMG_1777.jpg
    IMG_1777.jpg
    378.9 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_1776.jpg
    IMG_1776.jpg
    259.4 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_8585.jpg
    IMG_8585.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 79
Tried the South side of the tip today...Not a breath of wind on top the Turkey Point hill at 6:00am , but that changed quickly!!!!

Ran to the tip finding some nice 5+ foot waves building from the north-east. We curled around the point and settled into some calmer water on the south side.

We set up in 58', with the graph literally on fire with fish. Running riggers and a spread of heavy leadcore's we got into a few fish. I managed to forget my one particular tackle box with the primary gear, so no dispsey divers in todays set up. I won't let that happen again:)

Not a fish on a RRF. Very odd. Several on NK's and similar green spoons. The winning ticket was my buddy's worm harness creation, with no worm.....Simply a Berkley power worm...I didn't bring any live bait so we were working with what we had.

Lots of cookie cutter fish caught out there. But that graph suggested lots of bigger fish were around, just not real interested. Perhaps the east wind? Perhaps the full moon last night? In any case, some dinner was caught.

Graph was dead inside of 50' and out past 70'. When it lit up in 58-60, fish were there.
Hi FisherPrice That full moon was a Blue Moon. It won't be seen again until 2037 ..It was really big coming up, and as it came up it got brighter.:giggle:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks