Search results

1. M

Ancaster gun show

Well I made it out to their first show . Quite honestly a bit disappointed . Walked in and at least a 3rd of the tables were empty . Probably more . Don't know if there was another show on that day but... Back a few years ago , when I first started going , the place was full. Inside of a year or...
  2. M

Smoked Goose

Just wondering if anyone has smoked Goose meat before. A guy at work said growing up , goose was a regular table fair , but he found the taste well... not good . He started smoking it and found a new found love of the meat . Problem is he isn't around and I need advice on how to smoke it(...
  3. M

Gun shows

I have never been to the Drayton , Palmerston or Rodney shows . I think a may be only attending one . So my question is ( to those who have attended them ) , which of these events if not all are still planning to hold the show , slated for September . And if all 3 are still a go , which is the...
  4. M

Steel shot and Doves

Is it just me or would more hunters out there like to switch this to a lead shoot vs steel. The whole point of Dove season being listed under migratory is a joke in itself ( in my opinion ) . There are doves here year long and it just seems like a huge money grab especially for those who don't...
  5. M

Single 16 gauge

So I'm just wondering if anyone is looking to get rid of a 16 ga. single . I bought a .410 single back in the fall and kinda like the idea. Actually this one was in pretty good shape at a fair price . I'm not looking for cherry pieces , just something clean ,functions properly and no more than...
  6. M

Gun Shows

So I see some of the gun shows have started up . What's the situation on Stratfordville and Aylmer . Haven't heard anything yet .
  7. M

Your thoughts

So I have an outboard that hasn't ran for 10 years . Guessing it will need a carb kit and possibly seals . That aside , I want to know from anyone who's had success with this . I've been told before , if you want to try turning a dormant motor over , to add some form of lubricant in the...
  8. M

Holsters

Does anyone know of a place that either make or sell a variety of holsters and in various styles ?
  9. M

Long Point Bass derby

Is there a derby this year ? Haven't seen much advertising if there is . Or maybe I've just overlooked it . If so who's hosting it and where do you buy tickets ?
  10. M

True or False

Saw a photo of a ramp with a sign , stating not in use do to Covid lockdown . I think this MAY have been posted on stomp . There was a follow up about fire trails being closed also .Without turning this into a huge deal , can anyone confirm these comments , signs etc. Are closures in affect...
  11. M

Holiday Greetings

Just wishing everyone safe and happy holiday greeting .
  12. M

Braided line

I'm respooling a spinning reel for my daughter . Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on LB. test using braid . Checked a couple forums and for smallmouth trolling ,most people are running 10-20 lb. test . They mainly troll for bass in L. Erie's inner bay ,but they occasionally run into...
  13. M

Blaze Orange

So I'm considering buying an upland vest or jacket . But I'm a little confused confused as to what is really legal . I was under the impression we needed something like a minimum of 800 sq. inches , that was visible from always .So then I see (for example ) a pheasant vest / jacket which has...
  14. M

LPRC open ?

Are the LPRC bushes , County and NCC properties reopened yet?
  15. M

Long point area fish and game club

In light of the article of the club possibly taking over the pheasant release , I'm thinking of joining the club . But first I'd like to know ,who to contact , how often , when and where they meet and I guess most important , are they taking new members ? Also , while I have your attention , has...
  16. M

Ground Hogs

I know I posted something previously on Stomp , in regards to ground hog hunting , but I'll make it simple this time . Unless anyone knows specifically , where they have a problem and would like some help , does anyone have a good idea as to where to post ( hopefully for free ) an ad to access...
  17. M

Gun list

Has anyone found the additional list of Ie. shotguns and what not they've been working on , while on vacation from parliament responsibilities ?
  18. M

Old scopes

I recently picked up a Scopechief IV 3 x 9 command that appears to be in very good working order . Now I'm going to address this to the older boys w/ older toys , as they are probably more familiar with the vintage stuff . Most of the comments on forums have commented on the good coatings on...
  19. M

Air rifle forum

Just curious if there is enough interest in starting an air rifle forum. Thinking this might include discussions on various pistols , rifles , optics , pest and small game hunting . Maybe even competition shooting events and schedules , for those who may be interested . What are stomps...
  20. M

Gun Shows 2020

Just curious as to any gun shows listed ( outside of Woodstock Jan.26th), inside an hour or so of Simcoe . Thought I'd get the jump on this as places like Dutton , Tavistock ,etc., aren't usually listed in the Ontario gun shows.com listings .
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks