Ancaster gun show

Magnum 3

Well I made it out to their first show . Quite honestly a bit disappointed . Walked in and at least a 3rd of the tables were empty . Probably more . Don't know if there was another show on that day but... Back a few years ago , when I first started going , the place was full. Inside of a year or two ,maybe a few more regularly empty vs Woodstock still with a full house . Obviously with these transfers , weather , other venues on the same weekend , some of this can be expected . But in all honesty , thinking it might just be worth it to drive a bit farther , for a change of scenery . I won't make it to the one in Arthur this time but if anyone one has been to that one , Rodney or maybe St Catherines events , I'd like to hear back on your experience . In the meantime I'll be looking forward to the Woodstock show as I missed the first one. Have to check the calendar to see who's up soon .

I was at Arthur this morning before work with two of my sons. We live very close so worth a quick trip for us. It was packed with all the usual crowd, hunters, tactical ninjas and smelly dudes, but mainly just the camo crowd. All of the tables where full, and it was very well attended. The prices where what I've come to expect from gun shows. I saw a push feed model 70 in .375 H and H for $2200, a savage 340 for a $1000 which are both obscene prices and several standard Ruger 10/22 wood stocked with cheap $50 Simmons scopes in VG plus for $675 so roughly $50 more than a brand new one can be had in the store. There where vendors that had fairly priced items and I saw some quality hardware for fair money as well. I only ever go to these things for the rare and unusual, or looking for unobtainium, never for the run of the mill. It's fun to look around though, but we had seen everything we wanted to by 930am.

I was at Arthur this morning before work with two of my sons. We live very close so worth a quick trip for us. It was packed with all the usual crowd, hunters, tactical ninjas and smelly dudes, but mainly just the camo crowd. All of the tables where full, and it was very well attended. The prices where what I've come to expect from gun shows. I saw a push feed model 70 in .375 H and H for $2200, a savage 340 for a $1000 which are both obscene prices and several standard Ruger 10/22 wood stocked with cheap $50 Simmons scopes in VG plus for $675 so roughly $50 more than a brand new one can be had in the store. There where vendors that had fairly priced items and I saw some quality hardware for fair money as well. I only ever go to these things for the rare and unusual, or looking for unobtainium, never for the run of the mill. It's fun to look around though, but we had seen everything we wanted to by 930am.
Thanks for the response . Mostly have needle in the hay stack searches for parts or ammo . Like you said , getting to be more of an outing . If I had a few more search avenues I'd just go straight to the source for things I want .

I've only been to a couple of gun shows but this was how I recall them. I expected to walk in to a yard sale and found out that it was closer to a tupperware party full of people trying to supplement their income by selling stuff for more than it costs new. Not my cup of tea.

I've only been to a couple of gun shows but this was how I recall them. I expected to walk in to a yard sale and found out that it was closer to a tupperware party full of people trying to supplement their income by selling stuff for more than it costs new. Not my cup of tea.
Anyone who has either been on the other side of the table or just gone to a show knows in most cases ,the best deals are done before the doors open. Or when they are packing up and i can't wait for a " possible deal " unless it's something I either want or need. That being said there were a couple deals ( in my opinion ) on ammo , but once again it depends on what you are looking for .Thing is now with what they call "shortages" , most everything has increased in price , whether new or used. Even posts on the gun sites are getting harder to find stuff .

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks