Search results

1. jeweller

LPB ice free

Going around the bay hill it appears the Bay is ice free. Also notice the Port Rowan Harbour boat launch and channel was free of ice. Let the soft water season begin!!!
  2. jeweller

HDS-7

Tech question. I have Lowrance HDS-7 which I believe is a gen-2. The sonar part seems to be cutting out. The time and temperature works but depth part stops reading. It’s goes from reading the depth and functioning display to blank depth reading and a factor display then back to the proper...
  3. jeweller

Fishing Report I don’t get out often but when I do...

Made a run out of Port Burwell this morning got a two man limit east of Port. 52’ and colours that worked was a red/white daredevil. Black and gold Redfin. Purple/black and orange/black spoons. Got this beauty second fish of the day
  4. jeweller

Finally

Finally after discovering missing rivets and bunch of loose one last summer but because of my hip surgery last spring I wasn’t able to crawl under my boat to fix it. Well this spring I’m in much better shape and completed the repairs Sunday. This I my reward this evening. All together five pike...
  5. jeweller

Good eats

Decided to have walleye for supper. Tried something different. Soaked the fillets in egg,milk,garlic and hot sauce. Used bbq chips and fish crisp for the breading. Pan fried in butter in a cast iron fry pan. YUMMY
  6. jeweller

Long Point Bay ice

On my way to work this morning I noticed The Bay had a film of ice on it. Hopefully with the colder temperatures we’ll get some usable ice in the next week or so. ?
  7. jeweller

Found

I found a net alone the side of the road. Most likely blown out the back of a truck or boat. Found in the St Williams’s area. If you’ve lost one let me know.
  8. jeweller

Off Topic G.Mech

Thank you sir. Your generosity is much appreciate. Thank you for going out of your way for me. There’s not many of your kind left in this world. Hopefully Sunday I can get the needed fix looked after and back on the water. Thank you again, Bob
  9. jeweller

Not a good season

Started my spring fishing season with a total hip replacement so that wiped out all fishing till bass opener. Managed a few outings before my help at the store has to take time off for personal reasons. So I’m working six days a week in the store now and 3 or 4 evening doing the stores repair...
  10. jeweller

Fishing the Bay

Got a later start on my evening fishing so I decided not to go as far as the Bluffs. Set up drift fishing in the north channel by EC3. Lots of sunfish and rock bass. Manage to boat 2 small small mouths. Pretty quite out there. Decided to troll back towards EC10 and landed 2 small pike. All in...
  11. jeweller

Lowrance HDS-7 question/help

I have a Lowrance HDS-7 and sonar part is not working right. It’s stops and starts working all time. I’ve done a quick check of the connections but don’t see anything wrong there. Made sure the transducer is clean.It hasn’t been updated recently but I don’t think that would cause the problem...
  12. jeweller

Wife told me to relax

My wife wife told me I needed to relax so I load the boat and headed north. Not sure if this what she meant but it works for me. My son seemed happy to see me on his door step with his favourite a case of his favourite beverage. Happy Father Day to me lol
  13. jeweller

Off Topic My spring

Going to be a long spring. Last Thursday I had a total left hip replacement. I’ve been home since Friday (thank god I got home before the ice storm) and I’m doing well. Biggest down fall is no spring pike fishing for me. If all goes well I’ll be good the go by bass opener. Looking forward to be...
  14. jeweller

Ice

For those wanting ice fishing the Bay is frozen over. Might not be long if the temps stay cold
  15. jeweller

Don't forget your first mate

Getting closer to that big gift giving day. Don't forget your better half.
  16. jeweller

Burwell pics

Due to a pending hip replacement I haven't spent much time fishing but my buddy dragged me out last night. Two man limit for the evening. Fish straight out from Port in 58' of water. Fish were hitting everything and at various depths. Great evening
  17. jeweller

Muzzle loader

I received a CVA Opima V2 for Christmas. I'm looking for some rececomdations for a decent scope for it. Any suggestions?
  18. jeweller

December 11,2016

I don't get an opportunity to get much for the waterfowl season but had an opportunity yesterday and made the most out of it.
  19. jeweller

Controlled deer hunting

Having a argument with the daughter. She has applied for the November hunt and I have applied for the December hunt (90B). She's telling me she can come out with me in December to group hunt as long as she has a deer license and doesn't carry a gun. I've told her if she doesn't have a validation...
  20. jeweller

Fishing Report Pointe au Baril/Muskie

Tried my luck fishing today. Fished some of the shoals with no luck. Decided to try some trolling. Trolled Shawanaga river and hooked a nice Muskie. No photos, released it at the side of the boat. Estimate on size 34"-36". Very nice fight though.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks