Not a good season

jeweller

Started my spring fishing season with a total hip replacement so that wiped out all fishing till bass opener. Managed a few outings before my help at the store has to take time off for personal reasons. So I’m working six days a week in the store now and 3 or 4 evening doing the stores repair work. Finally decided to take a evening off to go fishing to discover that I have a bad leak. Pulled the boat back out and found 2 missing rivets. Fishing may be done for the season. ☹️??

I feel your pain.2 failed hip replacements hs ruined a few seasons but...I am back

I feel your pain.2 failed hip replacements hs ruined a few seasons but...I am back
Mine worked great. I’m back to doing things again that I thought I never be able to do again and as it continues to heal it’ll only get better

That’s great....#3 may be my lucky number..all on the same side...but at least I can still fish

Started my spring fishing season with a total hip replacement so that wiped out all fishing till bass opener. Managed a few outings before my help at the store has to take time off for personal reasons. So I’m working six days a week in the store now and 3 or 4 evening doing the stores repair work. Finally decided to take a evening off to go fishing to discover that I have a bad leak. Pulled the boat back out and found 2 missing rivets. Fishing may be done for the season. ☹️??
What make of boat?

Location on hull of missing revits?

Sorry about you luck.

bd

What make of boat?

Location on hull of missing revits?

Sorry about you luck.

bd[/QUOTEd]
It’s a Lowe FM176. Both rivets are on the bottom. One towards the back and the other near the front. I have filled the the with water and I have 16 leaking rivets.

I have the same boat. 1 missing rivet and a few which leak just a tiny bit. I put an aluminum rivet in the missing but it wasn’t a good seal and still leaked. I got some of quick aluminum from a neighbour and patched it and my other leaky spots til fall when I’ll yank up the floor and fix it properly. Follow the instructions and it works great.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 45
You need to get a closed end blind pop rivet. Just replaced a loose one in the bow of my Starcraft . Tried to get at it from the inside to tighten the original rivet but could not get near it. Sheared the head off the original rivet with a sharpened paint scraper and popped in a blind rivet. Worked great. Dont try to drill out an original rivet. If you mess up the hole the new one wont seal. Hope this helps.

You need to get a closed end blind pop rivet. Just replaced a loose one in the bow of my Starcraft . Tried to get at it from the inside to tighten the original rivet but could not get near it. Sheared the head off the original rivet with a sharpened paint scraper and popped in a blind rivet. Worked great. Dont try to drill out an original rivet. If you mess up the hole the new one wont seal. Hope this helps.
I’ve was told that could be done. Where did you get your rivets from? I tried Proctor’s in Simcoe but they don’t stock them

Tha
I have the same boat. 1 missing rivet and a few which leak just a tiny bit. I put an aluminum rivet in the missing but it wasn’t a good seal and still leaked. I got some of quick aluminum from a neighbour and patched it and my other leaky spots til fall when I’ll yank up the floor and fix it properly. Follow the instructions and it works great.[/QUOTE
Thank you for the info

l got mine from Ron Banks Marine in Port Rowan. He only had one size, a bit smaller in dia. then I needed but still worked.

I don't know where you guys are all located, but I've gotten them from facca fasteners in London and they have always had them in stock.
They're great to deal with.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks