Muzzle loader

jeweller

I received a CVA Opima V2 for Christmas. I'm looking for some rececomdations for a decent scope for it. Any suggestions?

Can't go wrong with a simple Bushnell Banner.

Thanks GPS. Did a little reading and the Banner scope seems to be able to handle the muzzle loader. That's my concern is to get a scope that will handle it.

I have a CVA. Came as a package with a Konus 3X9. Works fine for me. I shoot 2 white hot loads ( gun capable of 3 or 150 grams) and a 240 grain sabot.

I have and set-up A leopold muzzleloader scope 3 X 9 on my thompson centre bone collector with burris rings ...It shoots out to 250 yds with a magnum load at the range...years ago I used the cheaper banner scopes on my CVA wolf and a traditions buck hunter pro...shot several deer with those set-ups...Now I shoot the best i have ever had...remember huntin the food source fields can be long shots...but then 2nd last season I pounded a 10 pointer with it at 60 feet..lol...at the time leopold also offers a 2 X 7...I bought everything on sale for great value and quality...

have fun shootin your new muzzleloader

Last edited:
Have a look at vortex optics. I have them on all my guns and not an issue whatsoever. Have their bino and rangefinder. Good value for the money and can't beat their lifetime warranty

Re Vortex; Can't vouch for rifle scopes but my spotting scope was a superb value. They said anything goes wrong, whatever reason they fix or replace. I got mine from Wild Birds Unlimited Gordon St. in Guelph and I think they are Vortex Canada. Here is link to Vortex and where to buy
https://www.vortexcanada.net/en/
This is a link to the Wild Bird places' Optics page
http://guelph.wbu.com/

I bought a CVA Wolf last year and put a Simmons Prosport on it and the combo has been excelent sighted easy at 100yds an has stayed spot on. I picked it up at a small local store for under $100 can't beat that.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks