Off Topic My spring

jeweller

Going to be a long spring. Last Thursday I had a total left hip replacement. I’ve been home since Friday (thank god I got home before the ice storm) and I’m doing well. Biggest down fall is no spring pike fishing for me. If all goes well I’ll be good the go by bass opener. Looking forward to be able to actually enjoy being in the boat this year without pain. Fish beware I’ll be back. Tight lines guys and enjoy the spring fishing.
Bob

I know how you are feeling... March 7th had my knee rebuilt and am now just starting to be able to walk without crutches. With turkey and trout opener next week I feel I might not be able to wonder into the bush.
A piece of advice: Do the Physio and stick to it. Pain sucks but not being in a boat or field is worse...
Good Luck!

It has helped me tremendously. It has been 6 weeks since the surgery and my therapist has had nothing bad to say about my progress. Have my surgeons appt today. He will let me know if turkey opener is a go!

Age is a bummer... like old cars the warranty is gone and our parts are wearing out. :cry:

Best of luck healing so you can get back to having fun again. (y)(y)

I’ve been following the physio to the tee. My hardest part is trying not to do to much. So far I’m controlling that

I hope the wait time in the queue wasn't too long for you. I know someone who waited two plus years for his hip.
Hoping for a speedy recovery & a calm bass opener for you this year on LPB.

Just look for the sexy angler in the mankini spray painting a 8lb sheeps head green for the weigh in (y) spring is coming and there will be more of my jackassery to keep you, and the rest of 68 entertained (y)

1524018448692.jpg

And here I thought this was a post about watch parts...All the best with your recovery!

@ExtraVirgin I went on a cancellation list and had hip replaced 4 weeks after seeing the surgeon, had to be ready to go in 24 hrs. the only problem was room mate (lady) would not talk, nurses even had a problem with her... Came home 1 day early hated it with her in the room, but great now. P.S. Why would you wear those shoes to the beach ??

I hope the wait time in the queue wasn't too long for you. I know someone who waited two plus years for his hip.
Hoping for a speedy recovery & a calm bass opener for you this year on LPB.

Just look for the sexy angler in the mankini spray painting a 8lb sheeps head green for the weigh in (y) spring is coming and there will be more of my jackassery to keep you, and the rest of 68 entertained (y)

View attachment 8375
My wait time from meeting surgeon to surgery date was nineteen months. I’m fairly young (54) so I’m sure they made me wait. It was hell

All the best Jeweller. It will feel great moving around with no pain. When you are given the go then please watch what you do and remain within the restrictions. Dislocation is not good. I have had both my hips done and it's amazing. Freedom of pain is a blessing.

All the best Jeweller. It will feel great moving around with no pain. When you are given the go then please watch what you do and remain within the restrictions. Dislocation is not good. I have had both my hips done and it's amazing. Freedom of pain is a blessing.
Thank you. I plan to follow the restrictions. I’ve waited along time to get to this point. Other then surgery pain I’m pain free, it’s a nice feeling

Thank you. I plan to follow the restrictions. I’ve waited along time to get to this point. Other then surgery pain I’m pain free, it’s a nice feeling

Went yesterday to the surgeon and he told me what you will want to hear in a about 5-6 weeks." You don't need those crutches or that brace. Just take it easy and don't over due it."

@jeweller have a speedy recovery Bob. Don’t know why you needed a hip replacement. We didn’t do crazy things when we were kids.

Apparently I have much to look forward to. :nailbiting:
For my surgery the first two weeks were horrible. I wish that on no one. I had my ACL, MCL, Medial Meniscus all replaced and my Lateral Meniscus repaired.... Take care of your knees guys... This happened November 14th, for those that know me November and December are my favorite times of the year.

If anyone has to get work done. Just listen to those doctors and therapists, they really do know what they are talking about!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks