Lowrance HDS-7 question/help

jeweller

I have a Lowrance HDS-7 and sonar part is not working right. It’s stops and starts working all time. I’ve done a quick check of the connections but don’t see anything wrong there. Made sure the transducer is clean.It hasn’t been updated recently but I don’t think that would cause the problem. Any thoughts? Settings maybe?

My first 1 did that and Angler outfitter replaced it. My second one does it maybe once in a blue moon . It's just a stutter so I can live with it. They are Quite fussy about having at least 12 volts and a clean 12 at that. Mine is wired direct to battery. Maybe try to put the voltage on the screen(in settings) and make sure it's got the 12 it needs. If that doesn't help call Monty at Anglers. He's the Man when it comes to sonars

I had a 7HDS on my boat but changed to the Elite 7 TI for that very reason. It works 110x better but there is a slight price diffrence if I am correct.

This is just a new problem. I know the unit is older (2008) but it just started doing this. Do transducers go bad?

This is just a new problem. I know the unit is older (2008) but it just started doing this. Do transducers go bad?

Yes they certainly can as I had one doing much the same thing your describing on my Humminbird. After I described to support what it was doing they said almost certain it would be the transducer. They just sent me a new one because it was still under warranty and sure enough after installation it solved the problem completely. Not sure if there's a way to have yours tested. Have you given Monty at Angling Outfitters a call? He may be able to determine what's going on because if anyone can it's him. Or you could call or email Lowrance support describing the problem because they make them so no one knows their equipment better then they do.

Last edited:
Yes they certainly can as I had one doing much the same thing your describing on my Humminbird. After I described to support what it was doing they said almost certain it would be the transducer. They just sent me a new one because it was still under warranty and sure enough after installation it solved the problem completely. Not sure if there's a way to have yours tested. Have you given Monty at Angling Outfitters a call? He may be able to determine what's going on because if anyone can it's him. Or you could call or email Lowrance support describing the problem because they make them so no one knows their equipment better they do.
Thanks for the input. I’ll try Monte. I did purchased it from Josh at Angling Outfitters

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks