HDS-7

jeweller

Tech question. I have Lowrance HDS-7 which I believe is a gen-2. The sonar part seems to be cutting out. The time and temperature works but depth part stops reading. It’s goes from reading the depth and functioning display to blank depth reading and a factor display then back to the proper screen. Does this at a stand still or underpower. Is it the unit or transducer or something in the settings. I have tried anything yet. Thanks in advance for any info

I have heard you need a direct power & ground wire to the battery. Strange issues pop up if it's not "clean" voltage to it.

It is connected directly to battery but i will clean contacts up and see if that’ll make it better. Thanks

possibly a bad sonar wire connection at the back of the unit or a bad transducer wire or transducer.

I had an issue with mine a couple of years ago and what fixed it was finding the option to reset it back to default settings. That fixed it.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks