1. J

Off Topic Fulton Fold-Away Coupler Hinge Kit

Last 2 boat trailers had fold in tongues no issues
  2. J

Colour of lures for erie eyes

Snubber behind the dipsy
  3. J

How do you search for perch

Yeah buying at the grocery store way cheaper! But if you are out in your boat, drift or move until you hit them. Tell everyone else you have temperature and current charts, someone told you this, someone told you that. Think back when you didn’t have gps, or apps, when you just went out and by...
  4. J

Off Topic Transducer

Get in touch with Monte at angling Outfitters (west of Woodstock across from the old “drive in”)
  5. J

Help needed with sticking plug-in pedestal seats

Did the same thing as “soup”. Oxidation makes them hard to pull out. Some have a pvc liner that helps the sticking problem. From time to time they have to be pulled apart and buffed up.
  6. J

Off Topic Dipsy colours

I agree with the copper back spoons. Some colours worked better than others from day to day as did the “dipsy”colour. I usually run green and purple, but I personally don’t think it matters. If this years “walleye season” is any thing like like last year, a teaspoon with a treble hook behind a...
  7. J

Scoops Fish Batter

I have tried a lot of different batters the one I like is “Drakes”. The problem is it seem’s to only be available in Michigan. Meigher’s, Walmart carry it in small boxes. I have been buying it in Port Huron at Gordon’s food service store (5,12.5,50 lb bags, 5lb $5.99 U.S.). If your ne’er there...
  8. J

Long Point Thefts

Save your breath 'Rex', this type of person has no scruples. They rob you blind and for the most part still 'harvest' the social umbrella for all it's worth. Much of what goes on is done by people who are familiar with the legal system, and know how to navigate though it. If you catch some one...
  9. J

Perch rod recommendations for Mrs. Clause to buy for little Johnny.

Got 3 'Catalysts', best rod I found for 'perchin'.
  10. J

any gear/ tackle collectors I picked up old reel

Sounds like a Great Lakes "Whirlaway" if I understand the description right. They are asking $200 for them on E-Bay. My dad had a couple of them, What I remember, they worked pretty good.
  11. J

COMMERCIAL NETS

You are so right G.Mech . Back in the 80's got a down rigger ball hung up in a net. A 23' boat is no match for them, luckily I had time to cut the cable. I also agree with Whatsthepoint, but if you do come across a 'comercial guy with canon balls mine's the black one that looks like a fish.
  12. J

Perch pt Stanley Thursday

WAY too much 'DRAMA' guys!!! Turn the page and move on.
  13. J

Mounting Downriggers?

Threading stainless into aluminum is not the best. These materials don't work well together ( the aluminum has a tendency to 'load up' on the stainless threads). You can get around this problem by using a 'helicoil kit' which gives a stainless thread surface for the stainless bolts to fasten in...
  14. J

How to beach a boat

This could become a never ending chat!! My most memorable was about 12 years ago at St.Williams bass opening. While waiting my turn at the launch a guy is backing his boat in with one of his friends standing on the tongue saying "come on back, come on back, stop! stop!". By the time the guy...
  15. J

How to beach a boat

Reminds me of opening day of bass season in the early 60's when I took the boat launch fares at Turkey Point marina. Launching of boats was a real 'dog & pony' show sometimes, but the return at the end of the day was much like the video. Not only were the 'dumb ones' still dumb, but most of them...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks