Off Topic Fulton Fold-Away Coupler Hinge Kit

hvyhaul

I'm tossing around sawing off the end off my trailer's boat tongue to change it into a fold away trailer. If I do this I can fit the boat inside my garage for safe keeping and storage.

Has anyone done this to their trailer and did you use a Fulton product?

Fulton Fold-Away Couplers

Opinions, results?

TIA

I put the Fulton hinge kit on my EZ Loader galvanized trailer last year - works great. I had added a whale tail to my 50 merc and hence that little bit extra was going to make closing garage door an issue. It was a little scary taking a sawzall to the tongue. Bought a good steel blade and it cut through like butter. Takes a while to drill all the holes, but in the end it installed perfectly and I am ultra pleased. Bought mine online from West Marine web store - picked up at local store (in Buffalo) for free shipping.

I put one on my last trailer and it was perfect, I wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

Do it! Did mine 5 years ago. Just get into the habit of hanging a rag over the end so it will disrupt the garage door sensor so you don't bring the garage door down on it. (voice of experience)

Picked mine up at Princess Auto. Had to modify and relocate the winch bracket also but worked great. Used a drill press to drill the holes in the front portion to make life easier and just to be safe ran the safety chains from the trailer side of the hinge.

Yes I used the Fulton kit . Easy , good instructions. No issues trailering after install. I would recommend it.

Only way I can get my boat and trailer in the two car garage, sideways with help of the hole in the drywall at the far end. Also a Fulton, I put it on myself.
My wife thinks garages are for cars, silly!

Picked mine up at Princess Auto. Had to modify and relocate the winch bracket also but worked great. Used a drill press to drill the holes in the front portion to make life easier and just to be safe ran the safety chains from the trailer side of the hinge.

Princess Auto does not carry one to fit my trailer, so they won't be part of this.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks