How to beach a boat

W

whitetailhunter

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

I'm thinking what the?? It was a Turkish boat scrap yard. It's last voyage before the bone yard. A ship Captains dream to run one aground deliberately. That's why the guys on land look like it's no big deal. Cool though. Apparently they will jam a ship between 2 smaller ones so she won't drift off in high tide. I know this to be true because you can't lie on the Internet.

Reminds me of opening day of bass season in the early 60's when I took the boat launch fares at Turkey Point marina. Launching of boats was a real 'dog & pony' show sometimes, but the return at the end of the day was much like the video. Not only were the 'dumb ones' still dumb, but most of them where now drunk as well. I often wished video cameras were available back then, I could have made a fortune.

n

Reminds me of opening day of bass season in the early 60's when I took the boat launch fares at Turkey Point marina. Launching of boats was a real 'dog & pony' show sometimes, but the return at the end of the day was much like the video. Not only were the 'dumb ones' still dumb, but most of them where now drunk as well. I often wished video cameras were available back then, I could have made a fortune.

Oh yes I know exactly what your talking about, we used to launch at Bronte Marina to fish for salmon during the 70's and it was just crazy on a Saturday morning. They banged boats into each other, yelling & screaming to the point of fist fights because someone took to long launching etc.:punch: Then as you pointed out they came back in drunk then it really got insane because all the sail boats were coming in at the same time. One very windy day a guy coming in with a 35 footer gunned his boat to avoid a collision with a sailboat and took out not only some of the the docks but crushed 5 smaller boats moored there. :eek:

Then the following week when we come in early afternoon hoping to avoid the dog & pony show only to find some guy has parked his 1 ton Ford van right on our bumper completely blocking us in then went out fishing for the day. Who knows when the clown is coming back so my buddy gets so steamed he puts his truck in 4-wheel drive and shoves the van with it's tires smoking right across the paved parking lot onto the grassy area. He gets out and yells "who owns this piece of junk" as there's another illegally parked pick-up in the way. Then the guy who has a hotdog stand there yells out "Hold on cowboy it's mine, I'll move it right now!":LOL: That was the last time we ever launched out of Bronte. (y)

unbelievable, reminds me of a guy last year at Mcdonalds marina.
Couldnt get his boat out of gear, finished up 20 ft up the ramp, his wife was not impressed.

This could become a never ending chat!!
My most memorable was about 12 years ago at St.Williams bass opening. While waiting my turn at the launch a guy is backing his boat in with one of his friends standing on the tongue saying "come on back, come on back, stop! stop!". By the time the guy stopped the other guy is up to his knees standing on the tongue. Man # 3 is in the boat connecting the battery, I notice 2- 24's on the deck. I said to him "have you got enough beer?". Innocently he replied "we got 3 more in the back of the wagon". As is getting ready to fire up motor #2 man says "make sure the battery polarity is right we don't want to blow the power pack again". #3 man tries firing up the unit and then screams "f---, I think I just fried the pack".
After some discussion and directions to Proctors away they go. My brother & I launch & fish for the day. Upon returning to the dock that afternoon I ask the guy running the launch if 'the 3 amigos' made it back.He laughs and tells me I missed the best part. When they returned from Simcoe with they're boat in tow they cut they're turn into the marina short and too the front end off a Topaz parked near the entrance.
I shook my head and the marina operator tells me these guys are from St.Thomas and that they have done something stupid every year.
Gotta love it.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks