Off Topic Stopped by police!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So are you saying its your fault cmac lol

And this is what I find even more confusing about closing ramps. It's doubtful to me that social distancing was an issue with people launching boats. But either way by closing *some* ramps and leaving others open your concentrating the people trying to get out on the water by giving them less options......STUPID
[/
Absolutely agree
This just my opinion NOT fact.
I think the municipalities just figured it was easier to close it all and be done with it.
Marinas/marine repair facilities were originally deemed essential I don’t think that changed under the new order. So private ramps to me could potentially stay open. Online/phone sales for any store are still legal. Provided proper social distancing is followed I don’t see why a private boat launch can’t sell me a service and some minnows without any interaction.
The argument of fishing/hunting (within open seasons) for necessary food is debatable for sure. I do at least one person who feeds there family entirely on wild fish and game,has for years.

This just my opinion NOT fact.
I think the municipalities just figured it was easier to close it all and be done with it.
Marinas/marine repair facilities were originally deemed essential I don’t think that changed under the new order. So private ramps to me could potentially stay open. Online/phone sales for any store are still legal. Provided proper social distancing is followed I don’t see why a private boat launch can’t sell me a service and some minnows without any interaction.
The argument of fishing/hunting (within open seasons) for necessary food is debatable for sure. I do at least one person who feeds there family entirely on wild fish and game,has for years.

How is the arguement of fishing/hunting for food debatable? Maybe you've never been north of Southern Ontario? It's a pretty common thing....And irrelevant of how much meat I usually buy from the grocery store VS harvest myself, It's pretty hard to argue the fact that right now it's a while lot safer to go harvest your own food VS wandering around a grocery store with strangers. If they wanted to stop the virus it's too late and too little has been done. They've half assed it so far having a majority of people still working every day with little done to protect them. But then in the same breath tell we're told to go home and stay home!? That's just stupid. The goal is to slow the rate of infection and 'flatten the curve' not wipe the virus out. And once again, going out fishing by yourself or someone in your household isn't the issue here....

Josh

And this is what I find even more confusing about closing ramps. It's doubtful to me that social distancing was an issue with people launching boats. But either way by closing *some* ramps and leaving others open your concentrating the people trying to get out on the water by giving them less options......STUPID
Agreed. Simple pre pay be on your way. Distance yourself on the water. I'll remain netural right now on the limitations of only family members in the boat....

How is the arguement of fishing/hunting for food debatable? Maybe you've never been north of Southern Ontario? It's a pretty common thing....And irrelevant of how much meat I usually buy from the grocery store VS harvest myself, It's pretty hard to argue the fact that right now it's a while lot safer to go harvest your own food VS wandering around a grocery store with strangers. If they wanted to stop the virus it's too late and too little has been done. They've half assed it so far having a majority of people still working every day with little done to protect them. But then in the same breath tell we're told to go home and stay home!? That's just stupid. The goal is to slow the rate of infection and 'flatten the curve' not wipe the virus out. And once again, going out fishing by yourself or someone in your household isn't the issue here....

Josh

Too little too late is correct
But " they " want to look good internationally
Regardless of the consequences

Josh
I completely agree with you Josh.
yes I have spent time north and am well aware it’s far more common. I was just speaking of a local southern Ontario friend of mine.

Borrowing a friends dirt bike. Check. Packed for a full, self sufficient day on the creek. Check. Route planned from home to my water for trout opener via dirt bike and trails. Check. Don't give a shit what the law that day says I can or can't do. Spending my 50th trout opener where I want to be in 3 1/2 weeks. Only illness or death will keep me from it. Until then, my family is staying smart, keeping away from community gathering areas as much as possible in order to stay as healthy as possible. My 2 girls both have immunodeficient diseases. They are my life and I will protect them to my last breath. Can a lot of shit happen between today and the 4th Saturday of April? Hell ya. That's why we decided to take a step back from our jobs in order to protect the family 2 weeks ago. To us, our jobs were not "essential" to help the world survive this epidemic. Backing away early was the only sensible way to protect ourselves, and our way of life going forward.

And if I am alone in vehicle?
And I want to get away from any humans far out in the lake?
Do I still qualify for a fine?
I already worked confined in my basement for two weeks, it is like I am in prison already.
And with latest news we have to stay for months.
This start to become ridiculous.
Or Canada just become a gulag overnight with our consent.

Last edited:
And if I am alone in vehicle?
And I want to get away from any humans far out in the lake?
Do I still qualify for a fine?
I already worked confined in my basement for two weeks, it is like I am in prison already.
And with latest new we have to stay for months.
This start to become ridiculous.
Or Canada just become a gulag overnight with our consent.
I agree with you and in the same boat except iam still out there on the front lines 6 days a week. If I wanted to take boat out myself or with a family member who resides in same house it shouldn't even be a thought. Having said that they will start handing out fines for non essential travel. Towing your boat is a heat score.....but you can take your dog for a walk around town .....

@Stick: Yes the children very important as our age goes higher. Enjoy all the time with them you can, I'm sure missing mine and the grandchildren...Hope this flattens out sooooon...

Ask your credible sources to show you a photo of the ticket they received, that’ll tell you wether or not it really happened. So far this is rumours. And I bet you won’t get those photos. Unless of course they circumvented a barricade etc. If there is a shelter in place order issued by the province then it may happen, and you may be stopped at that point and need a valid reason . Until then just Facebook being Facebook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks