Off Topic Stopped by police!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ramps will be open on long point bay. Aleast some of them. Heard tonight from knew owner . The term avoiding is not enorfocabel under the law legally . Law is black and white. Should they go full emergency lockdown that would be different. As for the guys in the car getting a ticket that's a grey area. If they are from different households then maybe so. I saw a whole group of young guys standing ina garage today drinkimg coffee. Obviously from different households. Were they doing something wrong ? Thats up for debate. Saw people walking dogs today from different households. Should they be ticketed ? Lots of rumors out there. Everything from there will be no hunting season with no tags this year to they wont be renewing fishing and hunting licenses.
Some say Police have no legal right to arrest or charge anyone that is in a group of 4 and less... damn what a weather tomorrow!

Didn’t LaSalle get shutdown originally for high water? I know I’ve read about a few ramps that were flooded pretty good.
Yes. Now it’s closed along with everything else from yesterday’s announcement as per a release from the Town of Lasalle I read about an hour ago. I don’t know how to upload the link to here or I would

Some say Police have no legal right to arrest or charge anyone that is in a group of 4 and less... damn what a weather tomorrow!
Yes I dont disagree. While they should have no power to do this, we should all have enough knowledge and common sense to limit groups etc..stopping people from going fishing with their spouse or kids is just plain dumb but stopping people from going in a group or different households??? Maybe we can bend here for the good??

so----if I decide to go for a drive(by myself) to break the boredom of being inside I can be stopped and charged with non-essential travel?

BTW heard today people are being turned away from entering the SNR to purchase smokes if they are NOT residents.

Last edited:
OK so now I have 3 credible separate reports from 3 friends of mine.
1. Newmarket - 3 people got a $1,000 ticket EACH as they were in the car from 3 different households
2. Mississauga - 3 people in the car, driver gets $1000, 2 others 750 each
3. North of Toronto - 3 people in the car went fishing, $750 each

Unbelievable!

OK so now I have 3 credible separate reports from 3 friends of mine.
1. Newmarket - 3 people got a $1,000 ticket EACH as they were in the car from 3 different households
2. Mississauga - 3 people in the car, driver gets $1000, 2 others 750 each
3. North of Toronto - 3 people in the car went fishing, $750 each

Unbelievable!
All from different households I assume,?? This makes it more complicated and I dont really have that answer. My point and my argument has alwasy been with your own family and household. If on .y day off , i take the wife and kids to the lake out and aaay from anyone else while following our distancing guidelines there is nothing wrong with that. Its ignorant for others on here to say this I s selfish etc. Maybe taking 4 buddies on a road trip fishing but that's a different debate . Should motorcycles be non essential?? Seeing lots of bikes out everywhere. Are they getting fined? Those of us that live in a rural setting sometimes load up kids dog etx and go for a walk outside in town . Is this essential,? There just so many grey areas right now . They want and expect kids ri now donschool work online. Half the kids in our local rural school live in the country and have no high speed internet... they just ran the fiber cable this year !!! They cant go to a library etc.

News fron Norfolk - docks, piers, beaches, ramps closed personal or business. A business not deemed essential who operates will be subject to the fines applied to them, which are significnatly more painful than the personal ones.

fines for transgressing the Emergency Act. The officer will write the ticket based on his interpreation of the person's actions.
1585740750346.png
and I just got the boat 100% ready to go, sigh. Running out of rooms to paint (and paint) in the house.

1% of toronto’s population equals around 300,000 people
Definitely concerning but in my Township of Haldimand 1% is 300 ppl
Certainly looks like a population problem across the world.
If you are the 2 to 5% in the world that could perish from this you Can’t hide forever! Sadly As I said before if they wanted to stop this thing from entering North America there 8 weeks too late.
Yes I’m saying they never wanted to stop it! And yet drive through McDonald’s and Tim Hortons still open
I mean when hasn’t the government had our best intentions in mind...
I get the impact on our healthcare workers and hospitals, but don’t get what the government see as essential

As these Covid-19 guidelines continue with more and more restrictions what does the government do? They put a cardboard guideline sheet in my mail box. They tell us the virus can survive up tp to 24 hours on paper and cardboard so does that not potentially place the virus in my mailbox? Of course it does so how much sense does that make? :wacky: As if none of us know the guidelines after all we've heard about it on TV or read about it at least 15 million times in the last couple of weeks. :rolleyes:

This is still better than the Soviet Union, believe me :D

These story's about people being fined for more than one (but less than 5) are just fearmongering.
Just like the one that was going around about people getting fines for not removing their trailer hitch bar. Some people think they need to express their viewpoint by making up or misrepresenting the facts.

News fron Norfolk - docks, piers, beaches, ramps closed personal or business. A business not deemed essential who operates will be subject to the fines applied to them, which are significnatly more painful than the personal ones.

fines for transgressing the Emergency Act. The officer will write the ticket based on his interpreation of the person's actions.
View attachment 21846
and I just got the boat 100% ready to go, sigh. Running out of rooms to paint (and paint) in the house.
Marinas with Ramps are deemed essential i guess. Several on longbpont are open and staying open. Maybe it's the ones with trailer parks as they are open. I suspect any ramp/marina with campground or trailer park will be open.

Foran's marine, as I have mentioned earlier, is closed but their boat launch is open - they take payment for the boat launch over the phone along with your car's license plate.

I hope so. Tight lines everyone! Check out Windy for the weekend forecast :)

Marinas with Ramps are deemed essential i guess. Several on longbpont are open and staying open. Maybe it's the ones with trailer parks as they are open. I suspect any ramp/marina with campground or trailer park will be open.

And this is what I find even more confusing about closing ramps. It's doubtful to me that social distancing was an issue with people launching boats. But either way by closing *some* ramps and leaving others open your concentrating the people trying to get out on the water by giving them less options......STUPID

They did they same thing with Toronto transit buses. Now they are adding more buses due to volume on them.

Metrolinx Go Transit on the other hand are reducing service because their ridership is down about 95%. Trains that can carry 2200 are basically running around MT.

Just a heads up, the beaches are now closed to the public in Port Stanley and the public parking lots have been barricaded as well. Many may already know this but for those who didn't know...
Not sure about the public ramp as I didn't travel that far but will go there later today and see if it is blocked as well. will post the ramp status later today...and I just took the wrap off the boat this morning...hmmmm.:(
Ramp appears to be open, no concrete blocks...yet. But, by what I'm reading, maybe I should take my time getting her ready for the water.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks